Post Match Leicester City 0 West Ham 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been critical of the Football Manager series for the limited dialogue options in pre- and post-match press conferences and interviews, but it’s actually an accurate representation of the empty noises they do make.
it'd be nice if interviewers asked some proper questions too like I don't know "so Brendan why did you set up with the same tactics to play West Ham as you did to play Man City given they play totally differently?"

Agree that Nacho is no way as effective out wide and not really his game.

More the fact that Perez has been so anonymous for us that anyone else would do.

Even Gray should be ahead of Perez, certainly for the wide role.

Agree that Nacho is no way as effective out wide and not really his game.

More the fact that Perez has been so anonymous for us that anyone else would do.

Even Gray should be ahead of Perez, certainly for the wide role.
Under will be coming into the starting line up after international break

it'd be nice if interviewers asked some proper questions too like I don't know "so Brendan why did you set up with the same tactics to play West Ham as you did to play Man City given they play totally differently?"
Or “Brendan, why the **** didn’t you make any substitutions until you were forced to do so due to an injury after 55 minutes?”

Problem here is journalists are generally not football people, they’re mostly hacks who get paid to write or talk about it. If they try to get too smart about tactics and whatnot they’ll just confuse themselves.

Or “Brendan, why the **** didn’t you make any substitutions until you were forced to do so due to an injury?”
yeah there's that or maybe "why they hell have you left yourself in a position to only have 2 attacking changes on your bench again?"

no Albrighton doesn't count as an attacking change

Problem here is journalists are generally not football people, they’re mostly hacks who get paid to write or talk about it. If they try to get too smart about tactics and whatnot they’ll just confuse themselves.
true, I envy the football fans in Italy where their media take managers to task tactically

yeah there's that or maybe "why they hell have you left yourself in a position to only have 2 attacking changes on your bench again?"

Who else was there, apart from Gray?

Clearly assumed we'd have been coasting and can then shut up shop with Hamza and Albrighton.

Anyway, I blame coronavirus for us losing this.

No way would we have lost 3 nil if Moyes was really in charge.

Nice to see our defenders socially distancing from the West Ham team today though.

Who else was there, apart from Gray?
call up on e of the kids, throw them in sometimes you get a Rashford, he wasn't expected to be as good as he was but thrived.

Hell even Gray has done well off the bench since the Covid shut down, we don't need 4 defensive players on the bench, Fuchs was there to cover wing back, well Albrighton can do that so there is another space for an attacking player

MY FAULT. My fault completely! I've listened to the the other three games but this time I found a pub in which to watch it. I could blame the pub - The Maid of the Mill in Atherstone - ****ing awful place - but I won't.
Sound was down so I heard little of the commentary but we were absolutely shite
Could hardly put two passes together. Hard to know who was worst - too many to choose from. Absolute shambles!
I will not listen to another match this season. I will put up with Stringer and Piper when I am in range of RL. Promise!

“We got what we deserved”

“poor performance from ourselves”

“might be some movements out”. “Happy with what we’ve got”
Did he really say happy with what we've got?

We know that isn't true don't we? He wanted 5 in.

Taking the piss.

Vardy bound to be injured now.

Absolute Shite, Rodgers

Buy a ****ing left back, you twat
Don't play a back three unless the opposition set up demands it, you total twat
Dont play Perez ever, you complete and utter twat - not even if everyone else in the whole ****ing squad has a broken leg FFS

And here’s an idea twatface - when it’s ****ing obvious from the first ****ing minute that the whole tactical set up is so ****ing obviously not working, try ****ing changing it. Prick

Correct thread this time:

They were just better than us today. We were awful but they played us like a fiddle. They knew what our strengths were and nullified them exceptionally well, especially Ogbonna who was fantastic. They also played to their strengths really well, using the pace and power of Antonio brilliantly.

We were far, far too slow in the build up and our defenders, perhaps with the exception of Castagne, all had a really bad day at the office. Our biggest problem was our massive lack of creativity and our narrowness. We lacked any bite in midfield and as well as Mendy did tidying up, the rest of them let him down with their inability to pass with any quality.

We need a forward desperately and we need Under to hit the ground running because Perez has decided he doesn't want to be a footballer anymore. When we are in desperate need of a goal and some real quality up front, Iheanacho is not the answer. He will never give us that. He did well again today but he's just not going to make enough of a difference.

I'd have taken 9 points having seen our first 4 fixtures so we are in a great position but the worrying signs are there.

I don’t think it would have made an ounce of difference how we set up today. Too many pedestrian performances which weren’t directly caused by the set up.

credit to WHU though, I thought they had us in their pockets from start to finish.

I don’t think it would have made an ounce of difference how we set up today. Too many pedestrian performances which weren’t directly caused by the set up.

credit to WHU though, I thought they had us in their pockets from start to finish.
I agree. The setup didn't help but we lost because of a bad attitude today.

Cags and Evans were very poor today. Evans just looks totally disinterested these days.
Agreed. I actually thought Amartey was our best defender until he went off. Although he was injured I was actually expecting the switch of him for Under anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757