Post Match Leicester City - FA CUP WINNERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got on the train back to Bedford. I still can’t take it all in. I cried when we scored. I swore when they scored. I cried when VAR wiped it off and I cried at the final whistle I was a complete mess during the presentation and the celebrations. I guess I will be a mess tomorrow when I watch the recording. Thank you LCFC for the best day out ever.

Just got on the train back to Bedford. I still can’t take it all in. I cried when we scored. I swore when they scored. I cried when VAR wiped it off and I cried at the final whistle I was a complete mess during the presentation and the celebrations. I guess I will be a mess tomorrow when I watch the recording. Thank you LCFC for the best day out ever.
Hope you enjoyed it mate, fantastic support today for the Foxes x

From the Beeb …

• Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers has become the first manager to win both the English and Scottish FA Cup since Sir Alex Ferguson.
  • Leicester's Youri Tielemans became the third Belgian player to score in an FA Cup final, with all three going on to lift the trophy that year (Eden Hazard in 2018, Kevin de Bruyne in 2019).
  • Leicester's Kasper Schmeichel is the first goalkeeper to captain the winning side in an FA Cup final since David Seaman with Arsenal in 2003.
  • Chelsea's Olivier Giroud played in his sixth FA Cup final - since World War Two only Ashley Cole (8), Ryan Giggs (7) and Roy Keane (7) have appeared in more.
  • At 37 years and 114 days, Leicester's Wes Morgan became the oldest outfield player to appear in an FA Cup final since Teddy Sheringham for West Ham in 2006 (40y 41d).

Watched with my Dad today too. He was at the 61 and 69 finals. We never thought we would see Leicester win the cup. A very special and emotional day! As a lad always dreamed of us winning the cup. The dream has become a reality! Happy days!!!!

Evening. I've been in pieces all day. A total mess.

For what it's worth my man of the match goes to every single one of those City fans at Wembley today. I hardly heard a word from Chelsea fans but you lot never stopped. You carried those boys through that first half and you were magnificent.

What a club. As others have said, what a journey we've been on. Since 2000, we've won the Premier League, the FA Cup, the League Cup, the Championship and League One. And we've gone bust, been relegated multiple times and had our lowest ever days.

Maybe it will return but I can't imagine caring much about our finishing position now. It just feels like we've completed football. That's all I ever wanted and all I have the right to ever expect. From here on in, everything is a bonus.

Thank you Brendan Rodgers. Thank you Claudio Ranieri. Thank you Martin O'Neill. Thank you Nigel Pearson. Thank you King Power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757