Pre Match Leicester City v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been highlighting our failure to sell out matches this season.

Once again, there are about 250 tickets available for this game so close to it.

I'm noticing a lot more empty seats than I'd expect so we're clearly also not filling sold seats. And it seems to me that more people prefer to be in the concourse than watching the match.

If I'm honest, I've only enjoyed two PL matches this season at the KP. The games against Man Utd and Liverpool. All the others are instantly forgettable.

I wonder whether the silence over the stadium development is linked to the drop in demand. Covid has changed behaviour but I was really looking forward to getting back to matches this season. It really hasn't taken long for that feeling to wear off.

We've been below standard this season but it's not a horror show. We've seen a lot worse over the years. It's as though the air has been let out and it's just not very exciting. I feel this way about all football this season. I'm not watching much.
The style of football is having a very big effect.

Talking to plenty in Rome who aren't going because they don't want to waste yet more time watching this boring crap.

The style of football is having a very big effect.

Talking to plenty in Rome who aren't going because they don't want to waste yet more time watching this boring crap.
Average of 99.1% of capacity for league games this season. Which is the highest in the league.

Average of 99.1% of capacity for league games this season. Which is the highest in the league.
I'm talking about the very obvious gaps in the crowd over the last few games.

They may sell that many but they ain't turning up

I'm talking about the very obvious gaps in the crowd over the last few games.

They may sell that many but they ain't turning up

Yep - those capacity stats are complete bollocks

Lots of empty seats every week in every stand

Yep - those capacity stats are complete bollocks

Lots of empty seats every week in every stand
Well, they're not though. They're fact. They may not represent the true picture of people who are choosing not to go but the stats are absolutely correct.

Many clubs are suffering the same decline. Football has taken a back seat for lots of people this year for differing reasons. My seat has been empty for most games this season but not because I didn't want to go (although this has been the case on occassion) but because other commitments and other priorities have been propelled to the forefront since Covid.

I'm not saying thag the football being shite for the most part, hasn't been a factor in some people choosing to stay at home but that it is just that; one factor and that it is being replicated in many grounds across the country.

More 'Sweet Caroline' at full ****ing blast should sort it out......

More 'Sweet Caroline' at full ****ing blast should sort it out......
Sweet Caroline, Wonderwall for KDH and the goal music.

Might as well start serving Carling and playing Lee Evans on the big screens.

I've been highlighting our failure to sell out matches this season.

Once again, there are about 250 tickets available for this game so close to it.

I'm noticing a lot more empty seats than I'd expect so we're clearly also not filling sold seats. And it seems to me that more people prefer to be in the concourse than watching the match.

If I'm honest, I've only enjoyed two PL matches this season at the KP. The games against Man Utd and Liverpool. All the others are instantly forgettable.

I wonder whether the silence over the stadium development is linked to the drop in demand. Covid has changed behaviour but I was really looking forward to getting back to matches this season. It really hasn't taken long for that feeling to wear off.

We've been below standard this season but it's not a horror show. We've seen a lot worse over the years. It's as though the air has been let out and it's just not very exciting. I feel this way about all football this season. I'm not watching much.
The club do not help this with their overly complex seat sales options.

If I wanted to organise a few seats for a dya out with say 5 mates, everyone needs a login. Everyone needs to be linked to my account. I need to outlay ~£250 for the tickets.

And the release dates are so last minute you’d not have a chance to actually organise such a thing.

We’re actively rejecting those fans who would actually make some noise.

The club do not help this with their overly complex seat sales options.

If I wanted to organise a few seats for a dya out with say 5 mates, everyone needs a login. Everyone needs to be linked to my account. I need to outlay ~£250 for the tickets.

And the release dates are so last minute you’d not have a chance to actually organise such a thing.

We’re actively rejecting those fans who would actually make some noise.
And don't you dare leave a single seat

How much of that is due to covid?

For a couple of months around one in fifteen people in England had Covid. That's potentially 2,000 empty seats if they all stayed at home and didn't give their ticket to someone else.
Current figures are 1 in 35 people having covid.
Nope. All the fans are leaving because we are so shit. Even those that have forked out for their season ticket. Despite every piece of evidence being to the contrary.

Get with the narrative.

How much of that is due to covid?

For a couple of months around one in fifteen people in England had Covid. That's potentially 2,000 empty seats if they all stayed at home and didn't give their ticket to someone else.
Current figures are 1 in 35 people having covid.

Yeah possibly a bit of truth in that, to be honest - but I know at least half a dozen ST holders who have missed one game or more this season due to general apathy more than anything, and thsee are people who have been week in, week out attendees for absolutely yonks. Sat through Holloway and Megson, but not this - it’s very very strange

Even thinking of ducking out myself tomorrow

I'm going to go tomorrow but I doubt I'll go to the remaining games, Norwich and Southampton :oops:

Yeah possibly a bit of truth in that, to be honest - but I know at least half a dozen ST holders who have missed one game or more this season due to general apathy more than anything, and thsee are people who have been week in, week out attendees for absolutely yonks. Sat through Holloway and Megson, but not this - it’s very very strange

Even thinking of ducking out myself tomorrow
Wait til October when the gas bill hikes will start to bite after another massive price rise & the weather getting cold. Next winter is going to be ****ing grim. Football will drop down people's agendas.

I intend to get as ****ed up as possible this summer in the hope of staying in bed with a hangover from September til next April.

Any one know if Townsend is playing today?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220508-210821_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220508-210821_Chrome.jpg
    730.2 KB · Views: 25
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284