Leicester City Women

LCFC Women have completed the signing of midfielder Charlotte Fleming from Chelsea Women, subject to approval.

The 19-year-old joins a Foxes side who are currently top of the FA Women’s Championship, with 32 points from 13 games.

A graduate of Chelsea’s Academy, Fleming joined the Blues at the age of 10 and became the third Academy product to step-up to the women’s team.

She made two starts for Chelsea last season, both in cup competitions against Lewes and Charlton Athletic, while she also played three times for England’s Under-17s in the UEFA Women’s Under-17 Championship.

“For me, it’s a great move,” she told LCFC.com. “I’m really excited to continue my development and get some game time. I want to help the team as much I can.

“I’ve spoken to some of the girls and they seem lovely. They’re here to enjoy what they do, but also they’re a determined group that want to be successful.”

The youngster will now link up with her new teammates ahead of Sunday’s league encounter at home to Crystal Palace Women at Farley Way Stadium (2pm kick-off).

The semis for the League Cup have been drawn. We'e got Bristol City, who are pretty much welded onto the bottom of the WSL. This must be a really good chance to make a cup final. Match is to be played on 3 Feb

Midfielder Shannon O’Brien has signed for LCFC Women from Coventry United Women on an 18-month deal, subject to approval.

The 19-year-old came through the ranks at Aston Villa and made her senior debut for Coventry United Women in 2018.

She made 12 appearances for the West Midlands’ side in all competitions in 2019/20, scoring five goals, and has featured 10 times this campaign, finding the net once.

“I’ve met the girls and they were all really nice, really friendly and I had a nice welcome, she told LCFC.com. “There’s a lot of players my age, so it was nice to meet everybody.

“There’s a winning mentality here which is something I think I have as well, so I should fit straight in and hopefully we can keep this run going.”

O’Brien will now link up with LCFC Women, who are currently top of the FA Women’s Championship, ahead of their home encounter against Crystal Palace Women on Sunday (2pm kick-off).

Clashes with the end of the Fulham match, but free on the FA Player. Hope my shonky broadband can deal with two matches at once!

Won't be a problem as we'll be 3 down by then

Sunday 28/2/2021.
Won 1-0 against C. Palace.

Still top of the league - Level on points with Durham but with a far better goal difference and a game in hand.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4363
10Preston 4363