Leicester City Women

I know I'm being pedantic here, but there are obviously also mixed events, where women compete against men (mixed doubles tennis & badminton, cross country skiing team events etc). I know that's not what you're talking about, but just thought I'd add it to the discussion.

You're right, but on level terms (mixed matches use the shortened women's format), I think they're the only two.

Sports pages (especially on social media) definitely throw headlines to make people click not knowing it's about the women's game. It's normally still quite obvious as "liverpool have sacked their head coach" most likely wouldn't be the headline they would use if Klopp was gone.....they'd say Klopp. Still feckin annoying though.

You're right, but on level terms (mixed matches use the shortened women's format), I think they're the only two.

There's a growing number of Sports where the elite events include "mixed" events of the relay kind, Biathlon being a particular favourite of mine.

It always tickles me that Women's Association Football is particularly well-regarded in the US, where in their heart of hearts the Yanks see the round ball game as somewhat effeminate.

Reading some random having a hissy fit about getting confused by players of both genders with funny haircuts and unusual forrin names doesn't reinforce this outdated stereotype in the slightest, no sirree Robert/a.

There's a growing number of Sports where the elite events include "mixed" events of the relay kind, Biathlon being a particular favourite of mine.

It always tickles me that Women's Association Football is particularly well-regarded in the US, where in their heart of hearts the Yanks see the round ball game as somewhat effeminate.

Reading some random having a hissy fit about getting confused by players of both genders with funny haircuts and unusual forrin names doesn't reinforce this outdated stereotype in the slightest, no sirree Robert/a.
I mentioned cross country skiing, but yes the biathlon is another one. As a sport I find biathlon amazing. I can’t believe they can do what they do.

I mentioned cross country skiing, but yes the biathlon is another one. As a sport I find biathlon amazing. I can’t believe they can do what they do.

I've only ever experienced the biathlon on a winter Olympics game on the Sega Gamegear.....still a feckin mental concept. Think it's good to mix 2 very unrelated things to make 1 sport. Throw in russian roulette to replace penalties in football....that'll stop the diving.

Winter Olympics is the only Olympics for me like. Bollocks to who can run fast or dance a ****ing horse about. Trying not to faceplant trees n shit is sport.

Winter Olympics is the only Olympics for me like. Bollocks to who can run fast or dance a ****ing horse about. Trying not to faceplant trees n shit is sport.
Especially when you bring in the freestyle sports (big air, half pipe etc). They’re a dodgy edge away from serious injury.

If you haven’t watched it before, watch The Crash Reel, about snowboarder Kevin Pearce. It’s brutal.

Yes, but I'm talking about men and women going head to head in the same event, not team events.

Especially when you bring in the freestyle sports (big air, half pipe etc).

I regard that the same way I do gymnastics and ice skating, takes an awful lot of skill and athleticism but if it's judged it becomes subjective and thus is not really a sport.

Especially when you bring in the freestyle sports (big air, half pipe etc). They’re a dodgy edge away from serious injury.

If you haven’t watched it before, watch The Crash Reel, about snowboarder Kevin Pearce. It’s brutal.

I'll have a deeks. I can't even stand up on ice. My little sister used to teach snowboarding/skiing etc abroad and older one was into skateboarding n snowboarding as a young'un. I've always been envious of those who can do owt on the ice. Always feel like the winter version barely gets noticed but it's the one with risks and skill involved....as I've already said, running really fast for 10 seconds just doesn't impress.

I'll have a deeks. I can't even stand up on ice. My little sister used to teach snowboarding/skiing etc abroad and older one was into skateboarding n snowboarding as a young'un. I've always been envious of those who can do owt on the ice. Always feel like the winter version barely gets noticed but it's the one with risks and skill involved....as I've already said, running really fast for 10 seconds just doesn't impress.
I love it. I go skiing/boarding 3 times a season normally and have had all my kids start skiing at 2 years old. If it were feasible, I’d live there if I could.

I regard that the same way I do gymnastics and ice skating, takes an awful lot of skill and athleticism but if it's judged it becomes subjective and thus is not really a sport.
Each to their own and all that, but would you therefore not class boxing, for example, as a sport?

State of this thread. It's like an episode of 'Til Death Us Do Part'. If you're that much a dildo, you can't tell the difference between an article about the male or female game then that's pathetic enough. If it's even harder for you to click 'back' without feeling that you've been 'conned' into reading about women, of all animals, playing a sport then you're acting like a proper ****.

Honestly, the shit people worry about.

If KP want to invest in a local paint ball club , or whatever, then that is their call. We're only fans of the (men's) football team, we don't get a seat on the board nor a right to demand what they invest in. Fwiw, I think we've done pretty darned well out of the deal so far.

All the negativity around football at present and people decide to have a whinge about this. I've just read the BBC article and it is fantastic. It is just another example of our fantastic owners investing in people.

State of this thread. It's like an episode of 'Til Death Us Do Part'. If you're that much a dildo, you can't tell the difference between an article about the male or female game then that's pathetic enough. If it's even harder for you to click 'back' without feeling that you've been 'conned' into reading about women, of all animals, playing a sport then you're acting like a proper ****.

Honestly, the shit people worry about.

If KP want to invest in a local paint ball club , or whatever, then that is their call. We're only fans of the (men's) football team, we don't get a seat on the board nor a right to demand what they invest in. Fwiw, I think we've done pretty darned well out of the deal so far.

All the negativity around football at present and people decide to have a whinge about this. I've just read the BBC article and it is fantastic. It is just another example of our fantastic owners investing in people.

For me I think you've either missed the point or are woefully ignoring. It's not about the women's football team, which I think is a good thing to happen and probably long overdue. It's not about thinking that KP are wasting money on it, and it's not a whinge.
My issue is around reporting on this as if it's the same team, same game, same everything as the men's team, with a lack of clarity on what the subject matter is.
I'd be saying the same on a weather forum if someone texted me a link to an article with the headline

"TORNADO EN ROUTE TO LEICESTER..."

(Leicester, Massachusetts)

For me I think you've either missed the point or are woefully ignoring. It's not about the women's football team, which I think is a good thing to happen and probably long overdue. It's not about thinking that KP are wasting money on it, and it's not a whinge.
My issue is around reporting on this as if it's the same team, same game, same everything as the men's team, with a lack of clarity on what the subject matter is.
I'd be saying the same on a weather forum if someone texted me a link to an article with the headline

"TORNADO EN ROUTE TO LEICESTER..."

(Leicester, Massachusetts)
In fairness, FF, pretty much all the articles you linked to yesterday were easy enough for me to work out which were for men or women, so I don't think it's that much of an issue.

In fairness, FF, pretty much all the articles you linked to yesterday were easy enough for me to work out which were for men or women, so I don't think it's that much of an issue.
I don't disagree, it's easy enough to determine which is which.
However - I still think it's incorrectly headlined for clarity, purposefully to drive clicks to it.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854