Leicester City Women

Rachael Blackmore (an actual woman) has just won the Grand National. The first female jockey to win it.

Tremendous news. A perfect example of why women are perfectly capable of competing with men in the same sports and separating men and women from competing with each other is sexist.

The fact that a woman can referee a PL/FL football match, coach the team, and be the physio, but is not allowed to play, is utterly insane. Future generations will rightly see it as antiquated nonsense.

The best player in the world for the last decade (Messi) is 5 foot 7 and is all about skill and nothing about physicality. There is no reason why a woman cannot be the best footballer in the world in the future. They will never be though if they are only allowed to play with other women.

Oh, and I had such faith in Rachael that I've just won a tidy sum on the only horse race I bet on. Maybe if women played for City, I'd win some football bets now and again.

Rachael Blackmore (an actual woman) has just won the Grand National. The first female jockey to win it.

Tremendous news. A perfect example of why women are perfectly capable of competing with men in the same sports and separating men and women from competing with each other is sexist.

The fact that a woman can referee a PL/FL football match, coach the team, and be the physio, but is not allowed to play, is utterly insane. Future generations will rightly see it as antiquated nonsense.

The best player in the world for the last decade (Messi) is 5 foot 7 and is all about skill and nothing about physicality. There is no reason why a woman cannot be the best footballer in the world in the future. They will never be though if they are only allowed to play with other women.

Oh, and I had such faith in Rachael that I've just won a tidy sum on the only horse race I bet on. Maybe if women played for City, I'd win some football bets now and again.
In recent years the age at which girls have been able to play with the boys has been increased upwards, so that it’s now permitted up to U15 level, in England anyway.

Bet the horse was a bloke though....

The irony of this post linked to your avatar has just made my day:)

Does anyone know if there's any way of watching/listening to the tie against Liverpool today?

S'okay, I'm watching Lyon v PSG in the Women's CL, it's on the box here. 1-0 to Lyon after 7 minutes, 2-0 on aggregate.

Edit: PSG came back and won 1-2, 2-2 on aggregate and through to the semis.

Last edited:
LCFC Women will play an historic first game at King Power Stadium when they host Charlton Athletic Women on Sunday 2 May (2pm BST kick-off), with the fixture and trophy lift to be shown live on LCFC TV via LCFC.com.

The Foxes – who will compete in the Women’s Super League for the first time next season – were crowned champions of the FA Women’s Championship when they beat London City Lionesses 2-0 at the start of April.

They will receive their 2020/21 league trophy at King Power Stadium following the fixture against the Addicks.

In August 2020, LCFC Women turned professional when they were acquired by King Power International, Leicester City’s parent company, and joined the Club’s Senior Men, Under-23s and Under-18s among the core teams within its football operation.

The Foxes have enjoyed an incredible season, winning 15 league games out of 18 so far, as well as progressing to the fifth round of the Vitality Women’s FA Cup, where they will take on Manchester United Women.

The game against Charlton will be available to watch live and free on LCFC TV via LCFC.com. After the full-time whistle, post-match reaction from the Foxes camp, including interviews and match highlights, will be available on LCFC TV.

Please note that in the interests of safety, Leicester City supporters are still not permitted to attend fixtures during this period. To ensure matches can still go ahead, and to help control the spread of COVID-19, the Football Club kindly asks its supporters to continue to support their team from home and not gather at any stadia during this time.

Hope that they get to play a few games at the KP next season too - Quorn isn't the easiest place for everyone to get to so we'd be bound to see improved attendances. Something to hope for in the closest thing we'll have to a Derby perhaps in the games against Villa and Birmingham

3-0 at half time and worth every bit of it. All but one sided so I think we'll see plenty more goals 2md half.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854