Leicester City Women

LCFC Women can confirm the release of nine players as preparations continue for the 2021/22 Barclays FA Women’s Super League season.

Both Remi Allen and Charlotte Fleming leave the Club by mutual consent, while Grace Riglar, Lia Cataldo, Freya Thomas, Aimee Everett, Millie Farrow, Olivia Fergusson and Libby Smith will leave the Foxes after the expiration of their current contracts this summer.

The Football Club would like to place on record its gratitude to all nine players for their contributions over the years, in particular the historic title-winning season in 2020/21 that saw LCFC Women earn promotion to the Barclays FA Women’s Super League for the first time.

LCFC Women’s first season in the top tier will begin on the weekend of 3/4/5 September, with full fixture details to be confirmed on LCFC.com in due course.

LCFC Women can confirm the release of nine players as preparations continue for the 2021/22 Barclays FA Women’s Super League season.

Both Remi Allen and Charlotte Fleming leave the Club by mutual consent, while Grace Riglar, Lia Cataldo, Freya Thomas, Aimee Everett, Millie Farrow, Olivia Fergusson and Libby Smith will leave the Foxes after the expiration of their current contracts this summer.

The Football Club would like to place on record its gratitude to all nine players for their contributions over the years, in particular the historic title-winning season in 2020/21 that saw LCFC Women earn promotion to the Barclays FA Women’s Super League for the first time.

LCFC Women’s first season in the top tier will begin on the weekend of 3/4/5 September, with full fixture details to be confirmed on LCFC.com in due course.
Have they got any players left?

LCFC Women is delighted to confirm that nine of its first team stars have put pen-to-paper on new contracts ahead of the new 2021/22 Barclays FA Women’s Super League campaign.

The new season gets underway on the first weekend in September and preparations are now well underway with nine of last season’s star performers now committing their futures to the Football Club in the build up to its first season in the top division.

Last season’s top scorer and Supporters’ Player of the Season, Natasha Flint has agreed a new deal, alongside fellow forward Paige Bailey-Gayle, while Sophie Barker, Lachante Paul and Hannah Cain have also agreed to extend their stays with the Foxes.

In defence, Sam Tierney and Esmee De Graaf will both continue their LCFC Women careers, as well as the goalkeeping pair of Kirstie Levell and Demi Lambourne, with the countdown now on until the release of the new season’s fixtures.

The news comes after Ashleigh Plumptre and Charlie Devlin also committed their futures to the Club by signing new contracts to 2023 last month.

The 2021/22 Barclays FA Women’s Super League season will begin on the weekend of 3/4/5 September, with full fixture details to be confirmed on LCFC.com in due course.

LCFC Women are pleased to confirm the signing of striker Jess Sigsworth after three seasons with Manchester United Women.

The 26-year-old featured 66 times in all competitions for the Manchester side, scoring 26 goals, and now joins the Foxes ahead of their first-ever season in the Barclays FA Women’s Super League.

Speaking to LCFC.com, she said: “I'm absolutely delighted. It’s a club with a massive ambition, they did extremely well in the Championship and I'm really excited and looking forward to being a part of this journey now.

“I spoke with the manager quite a bit before coming and the ambitions, the drive, the way this club wants to be, it's everything that I want to be a part of.”

Sigsworth started her youth career playing for Branton Boys and Doncaster Rovers Belles Juniors, before moving to Sheffield United Girls’ Centre of Excellence, where she broke into the England Under-17 squad.

She returned to Doncaster Rovers Belles in 2011 and made her senior debut in July against Birmingham City Women. She went on to score seven goals in 41 appearances over a four-year period, before a brief spell at FA WSL side Notts County Ladies.

In 2015, Sigsworth resigned for Doncaster Rovers Belles and in 2017/18, she helped them to the WSL 2 title, winning the golden boot after racking up 15 goals.

She made the move to Manchester United Women in 2018 and went on to make 66 appearances for them in all competitions, netting 26 goals.

On the international stage, Sigsworth has represented England at Under-17, Under-19, Under-20 and Under-23s level.

LCFC WOMEN CONFIRM JEMMA PURFIELD SIGNING
p9GdaKhn3hIkhV1OK5y7DpmNFgXwEDjnKQiAVEEhYe8XHiIA4BTIMRH-0pwWva4uwxHgXS3RZmELbwnCcelF2-7ltGk8LVdJdRlOVvlWumKybd4LCoQGe7du_0sBw3VOZEoPrGFLFkTZedZ_QXstItDOdrta4w=s0-d-e1-ft
- Left-back signs for LCFC Women
- She made 27 appearances for Bristol City Women last season
- Purfield has represented England at Under-15, Under-17, Under-19 and Under-23 level

Defender Jemma Purfield has signed for LCFC Women after leaving Bristol City Women at the end of the 2020/21 campaign.

The 24-year-old started her career with Doncaster Rovers Belles, making her senior debut in April 2013 against Chelsea Women, becoming the youngest-ever Barclays FA Women’s Super League player at the time (16 years, two months).

The defender told LCFC TV: “It feels amazing. I've been really excited about this; I think it's a great opportunity and I just can't wait to get started.

“Leicester’s team last year was talented, and they've got some great players and so I'm looking forward to playing with them.”

Purfield joined newly-founded Durham Women in 2014, featuring for them 19 times in all competitions and scoring four goals, as they placed sixth in the FA Women’s Championship.

In 2015, she moved to the United States after securing a scholarship with South Alabama Jaguars and Arizona State Sun Devils. She captained both teams and won Freshman of the Year in 2015 and Player of the Year in 2016, along with being named an All-American.

Purfield returned to England in January 2019 after signing for Liverpool Women. She made 12 appearances on Merseyside before joining Bristol City Women following Liverpool’s relegation.

She featured for Bristol City 27 times in all competitions, including the FA Women’s Continental Tyres League Cup Final.

LCFC Women are pleased to confirm the signing of defender Georgia Brougham, who joins the Club after five and a half seasons with Everton.

A product of Manchester City’s academy, Brougham made her first team debut for the Citizens in September 2014 before signing professional terms in January 2015.

She later joined Everton in January 2016, netting her first goal against Aston Villa, and has since had two spells on loan at Birmingham City.

After completing her move to the Club, she told LCFC TV: “I'm delighted to be here. Obviously, it's a great club, I've heard very good things about it and I just can't wait to get started.

“When I came down and spoke to Jonathan [Morgan], and seeing the facilities and then the ambition that he spoke about, what they want to do with the women's team. It was just a no brainer.”

The defender will now link up with her new teammates ahead of the Club’s first season in the Barclays Women’s Super League.

Presumably, all these new ones coming in are better than the ones they let go a few weeks ago?

Lee Marshall, Trevor Benjamin, Ade Akinbiyi, Junior Lewis.....

I'm liking the look of these signings. As a group they seem young but not overly so, and to have some experience at the top level but maybe having a point to prove. Doing something similar seems to have worked with the men's team so hopefully this will pay off well too!

LCFC Women are pleased to announce the signing of forward Abbi Grant after the expiry of her contract with Birmingham City Women.

The 25-year-old Scottish international joins the Foxes ahead of the Club’s first-ever season in the Barclays FA Women’s Super League.

She started her career with Rangers but moved to Forfar Farmington in 2012 before spells with Glasgow City, Hibernian and Celtic.

In January 2019, she penned a deal with Belgian side Anderlecht and helped her team to the Super League title before returning to the UK to sign for Birmingham City in July of the same year.

Upon joining the Foxes, she told LCFC TV: “I’m absolutely delighted to be here; Leicester City is such a huge club and I’ve admired watching the women’s team for a while now.

“I love the direction that the Club is going in and as soon as there was some interest, it was something that I wanted to be a part of.”

She made her senior international debut against New Zealand in March 2018 before netting her first goal for her country against Iceland during the 2020 Pinatar Cup.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854