Leicester City Women

LCFC Women are delighted to announce that Jonathan Morgan has committed to a new contract with the Football Club.

Jonathan - who was appointed manager of the Club during the 2014/15 season - oversaw a memorable 2020/21 campaign as he guided the Foxes to the FA Women’s Championship title for the first time in their history.

His side amassed 50 points from 20 league fixtures on their way to lifting the trophy, including 16 wins and a total of 54 goals scored during their first season as a professional outfit.

They embarked on a 12-game winning streak in the league – a Championship record – before celebrating promotion to the Barclays FA Women’s Super League with their first-ever fixture at King Power Stadium.

Furthermore, he helped City reach the Continental Tyres League Cup last four, as well as the Vitality Women’s FA Cup Quarter-Finals, which they will compete in during the 2021/22 season.

Speaking to LCFC TV, he said: “I’m massively pleased. After last season, it was a great year, it was a formidable year really for us, we won the league and broke records.

“For me, there was never a doubt that I wanted to continue the journey into the WSL and I’m just delighted that we were able to get the deal over the line.”

In May, he was named the FA Women’s Championship LMA Manager of the Year following his team’s achievements in an historic 2020/21 campaign.

LCFC Women will begin their first-ever season in the Barclays FA Women’s Super League with an away fixture against Aston Villa on the weekend of 3-5 September.

The Foxes will look to get their campaign off to a positive start following promotion to the top-flight of women’s football for the first time in their history last season.

They amassed 50 points from 20 league fixtures on their way to the FA Women’s Championship title and embarked on a 12-game winning streak before celebrating promotion to the Women’s Super League with their first-ever fixture at King Power Stadium in May 2021.

Their first home WSL clash will see them take on Manchester United on the weekend of 10-12 September, with further confirmation on fixture dates, broadcast selections and playing venues to be made in due course.

They then face a trip to West Ham United on 24-26 September before games against Tottenham Hotspur at home and Chelsea away to conclude their first five fixtures of the new campaign.

The festive period will see them host Birmingham City on 17-19 December, with their first game of 2022 away to Reading on the weekend of 7-9 January.

Their final three fixtures of the season will be away to Manchester City and at home to Reading before a trip to the capital to face Tottenham Hotspur on 7 or 8 May.

All fixture dates and kick-off times are pending live TV broadcast selections and are subject to change. Those changes will be reflected on LCFC.com as soon as they are announced.

To register your interest in an LCFC Women Season Ticket - 2021/22, please click HERE.

LCFC Women’s 2021/22 Women’s Super League Fixtures:

SEPTEMBER
3 - 5 September, 2021 | Aston Villa A
10 - 12 September, 2021 | Manchester United H
24 - 26 September, 2021 | West Ham United A

OCTOBER
1 - 3 October, 2021 | Tottenham Hotspur H
8 - 10 October, 2021 | Chelsea A

NOVEMBER
5 – 7 November, 2021 | Manchester City H
12 – 14 November, 2021 Brighton & Hove Albion A
19 – 21 November, 2021 | Everton H

DECEMBER
10 – 12 December, 2021 | Arsenal A
17 – 19 December, 2021 | Birmingham City H

JANUARY
7 – 9 January, 2022 | Reading A
14 – 16 January, 2022 | Brighton & Hove Albion H
21 – 23 January, 2022 | Aston Villa H

FEBRUARY
4 – 6 February, 2022 | Birmingham City A
11 – 13 February, 2022 | West Ham United H

MARCH
4 – 6 March, 2022 | Manchester United A
11 – 13 March, 2022 | Everton A
25 – 27 March, 2022 | Chelsea H

APRIL
1 – 3 April, 2022 | Arsenal H
22 – 24 April, 2022 | Manchester City A
29 April – 1 May, 2022 | Reading H

MAY
7 – 8 May, 2022 | Tottenham Hotspur A

LCFC Women are pleased to confirm the signing of former Everton midfielder Molly Pike ahead of the new Barclays FA Women’s Super League season.

Pike rose through the ranks at Chelsea, scoring 14 goals in 17 appearances at youth level, as they finished runners-up in the 2018/19 WSL Academy League.

In 2019, the 20-year-old moved to Everton Women, signing her first professional contract. She made her senior debut in September 2019 in a 2-0 win against Bristol City Women and scored her first goal for the WSL side in November 2019.

Speaking to LCFC TV, she said: “I’m really happy to finally be here. I’m excited to get started. The facilities here are outstanding, I know Leicester have put a lot into the Club, it just looks like it’s growing really quickly and I want to be a part of that.”

Pike made 21 appearances for Everton Women during her debut season, scoring twice, before joining Bristol City Women on loan for the second half of the 2020/21 campaign. She made 11 appearances for The Robins in all competitions.

An England youth international, Pike has captained the Under-19 side.

Experienced defender Abbie McManus has signed for LCFC Women after leaving Barclays FA Women’s Super League side Manchester United Women.

Born in Prestwich, McManus started her professional career with Manchester City Women, making over a century of appearances for them in all competitions over two spells at the club.

Speaking to LCFC TV, she said: “I’m excited to meet the staff, players and obviously ready to get started.

“Walking in, you can tell that the facilities are unreal and it’s exciting to be a part of something that is just for the women, so it’s incredible.”

In 2013, she spent one season at Sheffield FC Ladies, featuring for them 13 times, as the South Yorkshire side went on to win the FA Women’s Premier League North Division title, before returning to Manchester City Women the following campaign.

She made her WSL debut in May 2014 against Everton and scored her first goal for the club against Liverpool Women during the 2014 WSL Cup, which Manchester City went on to win after beating Arsenal Women in the final.

McManus lifted the Women’s Super League title with Manchester City for the first time in the club’s history in 2016, and has won the Women’s FA Cup twice and the WSL Cup a further two times.

The centre-back also played in a UEFA Women’s Champions League Semi-Final for the Citizens.

In May 2019, McManus signed for Manchester United Women. She made 16 appearances for them in all competitions, before heading out on loan to Tottenham Hotspur Women for the remainder of the 2020/21 season.

She has represented England Women 17 times, featuring for them at the FIFA Women’s World Cup in 2019, when they placed fourth.

Defender Holly Morgan has announced her retirement from football after 17 years of playing for LCFC Women.

The 28-year-old joined City at the age of 11 and moved through the age groups to become a stalwart in the centre of defence, as well as Club Captain.

During Morgan’s time at the Club, they’ve earned promotion from the fourth tier, been awarded a licence to play in the FA Women’s Championship and secured promotion to the Barclays FA Women’s Super League – the highest tier of women’s football.

Speaking to LCFC TV, Morgan said: “For the past two years it’s been something I’ve been thinking about and during that time I’ve been happy with the contribution I’ve been able to provide for the first team. However, I think it's the right time for me to now look at what else I’m passionate about, and that’s coaching. I feel in myself that I’ve achieved what I wanted to, playing wise, and now I want to contribute to Leicester City in a different capacity and that’s as a First Team Coach.

“Alongside being first team captain, I’m also very proud of having a pivotal role within LCFC Women’s Academy set up, managing and coordinating the pathway for the past two-and-a-half years. I’m incredibly proud of the contribution I have made towards the progress and development of the Academy, leading the programme alongside playing.

“Working with an array of players, I’m delighted to have overseen five players making it onto the England pathway, with three making England youth appearances. It is now an incredibly exciting time for the Academy, with the support and guidance of Leicester City Football Club, and I’m delighted to have been part of its progress and development up to this point.”

Morgan featured 294 times for City in all competitions, scoring 12 league goals, after making her first appearances during the 2009/10 season.

The centre-back ends her playing career on a high after LCFC Women won the FA Women’s Championship last season to seal promotion to the top-flight for the first time in the Club’s history.

The Foxes picked up 50 points from a possible 60, recording 12 consecutive league wins on the way to lifting the title.

She will now join the Club’s coaching staff as a First Team Coach having been awarded her UEFA A Licence.

League Cup groups drawn - we're in with Durham, Everton and Manchester United.

A very strong group, whoever comes out on top of this should be a real contender

LCFC Women have completed the signing of midfielder Connie Scofield after the expiry of her contract with Birmingham City Women, subject to FA clearance.

The 22-year-old, who has featured for England at various youth international levels, moves to the Foxes ahead of their first-ever Barclays FA Women’s Super League season.

She joined Birmingham City at the age of nine and subsequently progressed all the way through the development system before signing her first professional contract with the Blues when she turned 16.

Speaking to LCFC TV following her move to the Club, she said: “It’s pretty amazing really and I’m just so excited to be here. When Leicester came in, I was over the moon. It was a big decision, but it just felt right.”

In total she made 29 league appearances for the Blues, including eight in 2020/21 as the side placed 11th in the WSL standings.

Internationally, she has represented England at Under-17, Under-19 and Under-21 levels.

LCFC Women’s landmark first season in the Barclays FA Women’s Super League will see them play the majority of their home fixtures at King Power Stadium.

The historic move to Filbert Way coincides with the Club’s first-ever campaign in the top-flight of women’s football following promotion from the FA Women’s Championship last term.

That means City’s first King Power Stadium fixture of the new campaign will be against Manchester United, kicking off at 2pm on Sunday 12 September, with Season Tickets to go on sale to all supporters from Friday 27 August at 10am.

Season Tickets will cost just £40 for Adults and £30 for Over-65s/Under-18s – prices that represent a significant saving compared to match-by-match attendance. Accompanied Under-8s are free in both categories while Fox Travel will also be available to supporters. For full details on pricing and how to buy, click here.

The move to King Power Stadium further underlines the commitment of the Club to growing women’s football and comes after LCFC Women moved football operations to Belvoir Drive - becoming the only professional women’s team in the country to have a dedicated elite training facility.

With the majority of games to be played at King Power Stadium, the Pirelli Stadium in Burton will serve as an alternative venue for matches on the occasions when scheduling clashes don’t allow for the games to take place on Filbert Way.

Leicester City Chief Executive Susan Whelan said: “We’re delighted to be able to confirm that King Power Stadium will be the primary venue to LCFC Women for the upcoming WSL season.

“The Football Club is committed to drive forward the development of women’s football in Leicestershire and we believe this will be a significant step in that journey.

“The team have already experienced playing at King Power Stadium last season when they lifted the Women’s Championship trophy after a brilliant campaign and they now have a chance to create more history in front of Leicester City supporters.”

The Foxes amassed 50 points from 20 league fixtures on their way to lifting the trophy in 2020/21, including 16 wins and a total of 54 goals scored during their maiden season as a professional outfit.

They embarked on a 12-game winning streak – a Championship record – before celebrating promotion with their first-ever game at King Power Stadium in May.

A trip to face Aston Villa at the Banks’s Stadium is first up for City in the WSL on Saturday 4 September (12:30pm) before they take on Manchester United at home on Sunday 12 September (2pm kick-off).

SEASON TICKET PRICES:
AGEPRICE
Adult (18-64)£40
Over-65s£30
Under-18s£30
Under-8s (accompanied)Free

MATCH-BY-MATCH PRICES:
AGEPRICE
Adult (18-64)£7
Over-65s£3.50
Under-18s£3.50
Under-8s (accompanied)Free

For full details on how to purchase your 2021/22 LCFC Women Season Ticket, click here.

All fixture dates and kick-off times subject to change and broadcast selections. All changes will be reflected on LCFC.com.

LCFC Women’s 2021/22 Women’s Super League Fixtures:

SEPTEMBER
Saturday 4 September, 2021 | Aston Villa A | 12:30pm KO | Bank’s Stadium
Sunday 12 September, 2021 | Manchester United H | 2pm KO | King Power Stadium
Sunday 26 September, 2021 | West Ham United A | 3pm KO | Dagenham & Redbridge FC

OCTOBER
Sunday 3 October, 2021 | Tottenham Hotspur H | 2pm KO | King Power Stadium
Sunday 10 October, 2021 | Chelsea A | 12:30pm KO | Kingsmeadow Stadium

NOVEMBER
Sunday 7 November, 2021 | Manchester City H | 2pm KO | King Power Stadium
Sunday 14 November, 2021 Brighton & Hove Albion A | 2pm KO | The People’s Pension Stadium
Sunday 21 November, 2021 | Everton H | 2pm KO | Pirelli Stadium

DECEMBER
Sunday 12 December, 2021 | Arsenal A | 3pm KO | Meadow Park
Sunday 19 December, 2021 | Birmingham City H | 2pm KO | Pirelli Stadium

JANUARY
Sunday 9 January, 2022 | Reading A | 2pm KO | Select Car Leasing Stadium
Sunday 16 January, 2022 | Brighton & Hove Albion H | 2pm KO | King Power Stadium
Sunday 23 January, 2022 | Aston Villa H | 2pm KO | Pirelli Stadium

FEBRUARY
Sunday 6 February, 2022 | Birmingham City A | 2pm KO | St Andrew’s Stadium
Sunday 13 February, 2022 | West Ham United H | 2pm KO | King Power Stadium

MARCH
Saturday 5 March, 2022 | Manchester United A | 12pm KO | Leigh Sports Village Stadium
Sunday 13 March, 2022 | Everton A | 1pm KO | Walton Hall Park
Sunday 27 March, 2022 | Chelsea H | 2pm KO | King Power Stadium

APRIL
Sunday 3 April, 2022 | Arsenal H | 2pm KO | King Power Stadium
Sunday 24 April, 2022 | Manchester City A | 2pm KO | Academy Stadium

MAY
Sunday 1 May, 2022 | Reading H | 2pm KO | King Power Stadium
Sunday 8 May, 2022 | Tottenham Hotspur A | 12:30pm KO | The Hive London

This is fantastic news, looking at this announcement, the training ground and the signings made, I think we're going to be challengers at the top of the women's game in Europe in not too long

If anyone is buying tickets for Villa, be aware you have to register on the Villa site and then separately create a ticketing account and link the two. You also cannot collect your tickets, nor will they print them on the day; post only.

If anyone is buying tickets for Villa, be aware you have to register on the Villa site and then separately create a ticketing account and link the two. You also cannot collect your tickets, nor will they print them on the day; post only.
Their ticketing system sounds as bad as ours

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756