Leicester City Women

Leicester City Football Club is delighted to confirm the appointment of Emile Heskey as the Club’s new Head of Women’s Football Development.

Emile begins his new role immediately, overseeing coaching, performance and recruitment at both senior and academy levels, bringing a wealth of experience to the role from a near 30-year career in the game.

A Leicester City legend with over 500 appearances and 110 goals across his Premier League career, along with 62 caps for England, Emile steps into an executive position for the first time, having spent the last 12 months in an ambassadorial and player mentoring role for LCFC Women. The role was designed to support his development through UEFA’s Executive Master for International Players (MIP) programme, which he commenced in late 2019, furthering his education in the administration of the game.

A Leicester City Academy graduate, Emile lent his experience to the establishment of the LCFC Women Academy Pathway and will continue to seek ways in which to improve opportunities for young female players in the region.

Emile will work alongside General Manager Jade Morgan, who will continue to oversee LCFC Women’s operational and commercial functions. Former Head of Women’s Football Russ Fraser has left the Club to join Liverpool.

Leicester City Chief Executive Susan Whelan said: “Emile’s appointment to this new role is another exciting step forward for LCFC Women – part of a new structure that will provide clarity and purpose to all those supporting the development of women’s football in Leicestershire. From the First Team through to the Academy, we have a strong network of support in place to drive our vision.

“Emile’s credibility in the game – built through years of experience as a player at Premier League and international level – speaks for itself. What we have seen in the last 12 months is someone with the capability and acumen to apply that experience and knowledge in a position of leadership, raising standards during what has been an important transitional period. Those skills will be invaluable to us moving forward, as we continue to adapt to the demands of the FA Women’s Super League.

“I’m excited to see what Emile will bring to the role, particularly in strengthening the collaboration with our men’s operation, enabling greater efficiencies through the sharing of best practice and appropriate expertise to the overall benefit of the Club.”

Emile Heskey said: “This is a fantastic opportunity. I’ve loved every minute of working with LCFC Women in the last year. We have a strong infrastructure of staff, a talented squad of players and excellent backing from the Club to go on and make a sustained impact on the women’s game. Susan in particular has been a real driver in this, taking the decision to host matches at King Power Stadium to increase exposure and to move the women’s team into Belvoir Drive to give us an elite facility in which to operate every day.

“The Club has made a lot of progress in a short period of time since turning professional, which means we have some work to do to make sure our progress is sustainable. Through ensuring we have appropriate guidance and support in place for our players and staff, I’m confident we’ll achieve that and successfully establish the Club among the leading teams in the women’s game.”

LCFC Women began their first season in the FA Women’s Super League in September, following promotion from the FA Women’s Championship last season. The team was professionalised in the summer of 2020 after being acquired by King Power International and becoming a core asset within Leicester City’s football operation.

Emile’s role as an ambassador and mentor to players, particularly those playing professionally for the first time, was an important one, as he helped the squad to adapt to the demands of the professional game on a daily basis at Belvoir Drive – the legendary training facility in which Emile learned his craft as a young player and which LCFC Women inherited following the men’s team’s move to Seagrave in late 2020.

LCFC Women return to FA Women’s Super League action on Sunday (3 October) when Jonathan Morgan’s team host Tottenham Hotspur at King Power Stadium (2:00pm BST). Tickets are available now priced £7 for Adults and £3.50 for Concessions from tickets.lcfc.com.

Defending looks a lot better so far. Passing doesn’t, we’re awful in possession. I realise we’re the WSL equivalent of Norwich (men’s team) but do Sky even know Chelsea have an opposition today?

Just watched a bit for the 1st time.

Christ it's shite and that includes Chelsea who Sky are wanking off at every turn.

One really irritating ****er in the crowd.

Finished 2-0. I didn’t watch the second half but it sounds like a huge improvement in terms of performance.
I thini they completed about 3 passes in the 1st half

Game against Manchester City kicks off at 2PM.

I don't know why so many of the women's games are played at the same time as the men's. Do they not realise some people are interested in both?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854