Leicester City Women

Why such a weakened team?
Covid outbreak? Injuries?
Are they trying to copy the men?

It was a cup group game, they needed a big win to stand a chance of going through to the next stage, which was never going to happen. So it made sense to give other players an opportunity to play.

It was a cup group game, they needed a big win to stand a chance of going through to the next stage, which was never going to happen. So it made sense to give other players an opportunity to play.
A very win big I believe, something like 6 or 7. It just wasn't going to happen against any side Man City put out so it made total sense to select the side we did.

We've been dealt a bit of a blow with Birmingham's totally unexpected win at Arsenal. It makes our upcoming fixtures (Brighton/Villa) a little more important. We could really do with picking up a point or 2 before we face Birmingham again on the 6th Feb - otherwise that becomes 'must win'.

A well deserved result too. Our 1st half performance was full of energy and high pressing, penned Brighton back for much of it. Nice goal (great ball from Tierney, Sigsworth controlled well and pulled it back for O'Brien to cleanly finish)

After that, Brighton chasing, used their subs to inject more urgency into their game and it was our turn to defend. Demi Lambourne made several important saves and we got desperate and had to scramble it away sometimes. We were flagging.

A huge win and I reckon we could get something out of the Villa match next weekend. Lydia Bedford has made a real difference coming in. There's much more control in our game now, and some really nice football.

Massive win for them. Villa and Everton are within reach albeit with games in hand so the Villa game next up is a huge opportunity to narrow the gap.

The change of management has clearly worked, they look so much more organised and are playing some nice football. I feel confident going into the Villa game and, if they can get a win there, that they won't be finishing second-bottom

Which one to watch? Decisions, decisions. I think I might actually prefer to watch the women's game. Last chance of me getting mega peeved, for sure.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854