Leicester City Women

Yeah. Investing in womens' football.

They should all be 'ooverin' or summat shunt they.

Get a grip.

That's not what I said at all is it.

They were slowly but surely growing as an entity as an independent club. That was fine and sensible.

Whelan decided to spend money taking over the club, professionalising them, and then gifting them Belvoir Drive which we could have sold on for plenty. Critically, she effectively merged the two clubs into one.

Now we're stuck with this set up which is impossible to make sustainable and sucks cash out. All so Whelan could play egotistical games.

What is the benefit to what 99% of us care about, namely the men's side? Absolutely nothing. At least with OHL there has been some movement of players and we made a few million out of selling Sowah.

That's not what I said at all is it.

They were slowly but surely growing as an entity as an independent club. That was fine and sensible.

Whelan decided to spend money taking over the club, professionalising them, and then gifting them Belvoir Drive which we could have sold on for plenty. Critically, she effectively merged the two clubs into one.

Now we're stuck with this set up which is impossible to make sustainable and sucks cash out. All so Whelan could play egotistical games.

What is the benefit to what 99% of us care about, namely the men's side? Absolutely nothing. At least with OHL there has been some movement of players and we made a few million out of selling Sowah.
Why on earth does professionalisation of the women's side need to be of benefit to the men's side?

When many, many other teams are professionalising the women's game, when interest in it is growing as quickly as it seems to, there is nothing wrong in us affording that same opportunity to our female players and, in time, it could and probably will prove to be commercially successful. Add to that the ability to offer young ladies, aspiring to play professional sport, an opportunity to do so for their home club and I don't see why it causes you so much angst.

Just because you've made up some nonsense about this costing sqiluillions when we have four pounds fifty in the bank, doesn't mean that you can use this rubbish as an excuse for your grumpy old man act. My eldest girl plays for Derby County girls and aspires to play in a professional league with professional facilities one day; it's outdated, crass attitudes like yours that has made this almost impossible in the past.

If it doesn't float your boat then just ignore it. Stop making some song and dance about it effecting the men's team. Ironically, for all the rubbish about how we've effectively 'merged the clubs' it seems that you are one of the few who are finding it difficult to separate them.

Why on earth does professionalisation of the women's side need to be of benefit to the men's side?

When many, many other teams are professionalising the women's game, when interest in it is growing as quickly as it seems to, there is nothing wrong in us affording that same opportunity to our female players and, in time, it could and probably will prove to be commercially successful. Add to that the ability to offer young ladies, aspiring to play professional sport, an opportunity to do so for their home club and I don't see why it causes you so much angst.

Just because you've made up some nonsense about this costing sqiluillions when we have four pounds fifty in the bank, doesn't mean that you can use this rubbish as an excuse for your grumpy old man act. My eldest girl plays for Derby County girls and aspires to play in a professional league with professional facilities one day; it's outdated, crass attitudes like yours that has made this almost impossible in the past.

If it doesn't float your boat then just ignore it. Stop making some song and dance about it effecting the men's team. Ironically, for all the rubbish about how we've effectively 'merged the clubs' it seems that you are one of the few who are finding it difficult to separate them.

Once again you're creating a narrative I've not mentioned at all.

There is obviously nothing wrong with girls and women playing football. It's a great sport to play. I hope your daughter has a great time. But the women's game is not sustainable at a professional level and will only be for a handful of clubs for at least the next decade.

So my argument is about merging the two clubs and heavily subsidising the women's one. Income is virtually zero and it won't grow much. Investment and outgoings are substantial and I think that's foolish.

But the women's game is not sustainable at a professional level and will only be for a handful of clubs for at least the next decade.
In your opinion. And this is exactly the narrative that I was talking about. There's a reason why the women's game had stalled so badly before the last 2 years or so.

Because not enough women/girls go and watch it?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854