Leicester City Women

Yeah. Only women should watch women's football. Thems the rules innit.
Not what I said.

If it is to grow and develop it’s women and girls that need to watch it and get involved… so my point stands.

Not what I said.

If it is to grow and develop it’s women and girls that need to watch it and get involved… so my point stands.
It's people that need to watch it. Whether they have a cock is irrelevant.

Not what I said.

I'm guessing you've not been to see LCW, the Lionesses or any of the matches that were part of the Euros? The crowds are noticably much more female and also much younger than what you see down the Filbert Way. The womens' game is growing fast, quite way anyone would want our club not to be on the inside of something that's ging to be this big is beyond me

I'm guessing you've not been to see LCW, the Lionesses or any of the matches that were part of the Euros? The crowds are noticably much more female and also much younger than what you see down the Filbert Way. The womens' game is growing fast, quite way anyone would want our club not to be on the inside of something that's ging to be this big is beyond me
Precisely this.

Look at the state of the men's international game. Regardless of gender, why would anyone in their right mind want anything to do with that? If you do however, want to support your nation in an international football tournament then the Women's game gives you this opportunity without the bullshit and bravado.

Precisely this.

Look at the state of the men's international game. Regardless of gender, why would anyone in their right mind want anything to do with that? If you do however, want to support your nation in an international football tournament then the Women's game gives you this opportunity without the bullshit and bravado.
They still have that ****ing awful band though

I'm guessing you've not been to see LCW, the Lionesses or any of the matches that were part of the Euros? The crowds are noticably much more female and also much younger than what you see down the Filbert Way. The womens' game is growing fast, quite way anyone would want our club not to be on the inside of something that's ging to be this big is beyond m
The average attendance is 1,000 in the WPL, which isn’t sustainable - which is what BN said.

How the game is going to grow is to get more women and girls interested and involved quicker. That doesn’t mean just watching, but playing the game.

If this is happening then great and hopefully the crowds continue to grow.

Trying to blame just men for not watching it however seems a bit of a stretch and not the fundamental issue…

The average attendance is 1,000 in the WPL, which isn’t sustainable - which is what BN said.

How the game is going to grow is to get more women and girls interested and involved quicker. That doesn’t mean just watching, but playing the game.

Trying to blame just men for not watching it however seems a bit of a stretch and not the fundamental issue…
Nobody is blaming just men. Or anybody else. That would be as ****ing stupid as saying that the responsibility for growing the game lies with just women going to watch it.

Trying to blame just men for not watching it however seems a bit of a stretch.

It all goes together though.

More visibility, more role models, better access to viewing women's football all gets more people watching it. More people watching it in turn inspires more girls (and women, through coaching etc) to get involved and start playing themselves.

If they see it, they know they can be it.

Having a women's team and supporting that professionally is absolutely the right thing the club should be doing.

And for those who believe that's only worth doing if it benefits the men's team (which IMO is a ridiculously ignorant view to have), then I think it will. Because the more girls and families get into football, the more they'll attend matches and support the teams - including men's and women's.

Football NEEDS to get more families attending and watching together; women's football is currently doing a better job of that then men's, as a proportion of their audience.

So in a couple of matches time the opponents will run out of time and we get a draw. Might even win one by Easter. Is there any team in the WSL we can beat?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854