Leicester players at the World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Couldn’t have gone much better in that regard.

So the prize prat Martinez ignored the in form Faes for two old donkeys and ditched Tielemans at half time of their first match and didn't start him again and played Castagne in three positions in three games (right back, centre back and left back).

So the prize prat Martinez ignored the in form Faes for two old donkeys and ditched Tielemans at half time of their first match and didn't start him again and played Castagne in three positions in three games (right back, centre back and left back).
I don’t hold out much hope of Youri signing a new contract with us, but if there was even a hint of a chance, that World Cup campaign probably went as well as it could have done for us.

Look forward to him doing this regularly for us next season…

“I just told my team-mates that we need a goal now but they need a goal now, we have to defend for ourselves so that if we can't go, they don't go," Amartey said.

Asked if it was important to deny Uruguay a place in the last 16, Amartey said: "For me, yes.”

Ghana need to get over it. A Uruguayan did what he needed to do in the moment to stop his team conceding a goal that would have eliminated them. And then they still had a free shot on goal from 12 yards to go through.

I’d want any player wearing a Leicester City shirt to do the exact same thing as Suarez did.

Ghana need to get over it. A Uruguayan did what he needed to do in the moment to stop his team conceding a goal that would have eliminated them. And then they still had a free shot on goal from 12 yards to go through.

I’d want any player wearing a Leicester City shirt to do the exact same thing as Suarez did.
I certainly wouldn't. It would leave a very bad taste. We're better than that.

There are some who never got over what Speedie did to us in 1992, even when he was knocking them in for us some years later.

Sometimes players use things like this as a motivating factor (even though most normal people would ask why you need it). Michael Jordan (and believe me, I am not equating the two on a sporting level here) was notorious for using any perceived slight as a reason to stick it to the opposition, no matter how small or irrelevant it may seem to the outside world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757