Leicester players at the World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now THAT is an answer.

(I don't mind watching England play).
I don’t either, I don’t actively root for them to lose at all.

I just can’t get behind them like a fan and find pretty much all of the way the side is covered insufferable, regardless of whether it’s positive or not.

I don’t either, I don’t actively root for them to lose at all.

I just can’t get behind them like a fan and find pretty much all of the way the side is covered insufferable, regardless of whether it’s positive or not.
my "fanhood" of England has definitely weakened as I've got older...my love for the sexy foxes only grows.

my "fanhood" of England has definitely weakened as I've got older...my love for the sexy foxes only grows.
Mmmm now you’re talking. Makes me realise how much I love my boys in blue.

I remember being desperate for England to do well in my youth. Robson in 82 and supporting Lineker in 86. This culminated in the 1990 WC where we weren't actually any good but there was a genuine connection between fans and players and it just seemed to feel real. When we beat Cameroon in the QF, I remember loads of people coming out of their houses on our street because we just wanted to celebrate together.

By the time we got to Euro 96, it was already becoming fake to me. I went along with it all back then but there was something missing.

Every competition since then has meant less than the one preceding it. Now I honestly couldn't care less whether England win or lose. I don't take pleasure in their failure but I don't feel anything when we score/win.

I haven't properly watched a single match of this WC. I've seen bits of games and not one has held my attention for long. It's just like watching European club football (without City in it) to me now - plastic ego driven shite.

My personal view is that the standard of international football is garbage. There are no good international managers. There is nothing interesting or exciting about it. And it's all being played out in a desert because very rich crooks paid slightly less rich crooks a shitload of money. **** that.

Two weeks until football returns as far as I'm concerned. The sooner the WC is over the better.

Southgate can so **** off now. Useless, useless twat.

If Maddison played for Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man C or Man U, he would have played and England would be in the semi-final.

If Maddison played for Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man C or Man U, he would have played and England would be in the semi-final.
The second part of that is quite the claim. Maddison is a fantastic player but I don’t think he would have been on his own the difference between England going out and going through.

The fact that the Chelsea duo, who have largely stunk up the Premier League, were brought on instead of him is a joke.

But I don’t agree that if he played for a ‘top six’ club he would have played in the World Cup: it’s pretty obvious that Southgate doesn’t like him or rate him. Maybe it’s based on personal issues, maybe not. But on Premier League form this season he certainly deserved at least some game time.

I’m glad that he comes to Leicester without picking up any further injuries.

It would have been good if Madders had been chatting to that Bellingham bloke, saying how good it would be for him to join Leicester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757