Leicester Players at World Cup 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The opposition was irrelevant up to a point.
It's how the players were playing as a unit that counted.
These last 2 friendlies have given me a reason to be a bit more optimistic of our chances of actually putting up a fight rather than wave the white flag.
(Iceland and Costa Rica games in last 2 tournaments)

We'll soon see ;)

The opposition is relevant , England need to be asked hard questions in friendlies .You need to see your team stretched to gain a better understanding of how they cope as a team!The World Cup is not the place to to ask these questions as the plane will be waiting on the runway !!!

Is Bob’s money the prize for winning?

No.

First prize is membership of the Foxes Trust. They came up with the idea because they want to compete in a 5 a side league next season. If the competition winner is added it means they'll then have enough members to put out a team.

I don't think Vardy has a hope in hell in featuring this world cup he is imo 4th choice, Maguire may play at some point, I guess it will be the lads playing for Nigeria and Portugal who could make an impact, I hope Nacho and Ndidi star for Nigeria.

Vardy was 12 when Hoddle was removed as England manager. I think he was right not to pick him, honestly.
lol I meant if you listen to his commentary on ITV he immediately dismisses any Vardy/Kane combo and lavishes praise on Rashford and Sterling, when he was manager he under achieved with a good crop of players and then lost the plot I recall with a bit of faith healing. we seem to love reinventing managers as being good even when you look at their record there were nothing special. If I recall correctly he told Paul Gascoigne ( who had worked his nuts off to get to fighting fit, and reportedly told Hoddle his healing bit was bollocks) he was not being taken to the world cup, IMO he did not really bring in flair players or indeed those out of the big 6.
He reluctantly gave Matt Le Tissier around 20 mins in a friendly and then he never featured. Bobby Robson gave Steve Bull an opportunity who was a decent striker at the time, that took courage seeing as he was playing in the 2nd Division at Wolves.

Apart from Robson I do not remember another England manager having the minerals to pick players out of the top 6, Southgate has done that thus far but will probably stick with the tried and trusted method of selecting players that consistently bottle it at Spurs. I genuinely hope we do well this time round we have an awesome group of players below the senior squad who will probably sit on the bench for the big six rather than playing regular first team football in the Premier league.

From under 17/19/21 we have smashed it the future is bright but will they make it through as you would expect if they were Germany or France?

So an average Southampton player is preferred over our super duper right back?

You mean the experienced player with lots of caps and who has seen them through the whole of qualifying, is preferred to an up and coming youngster who has played a couple of international friendlies

It is quite a surprise, isn't it

You mean the experienced player with lots of caps and who has seen them through the whole of qualifying, is preferred to an up and coming youngster who has played a couple of international friendlies

It is quite a surprise, isn't it
You make it sound like he’s 17. He’s 24.

Joe Hart saw through the whole qualifying campaign and is preferred to an up and coming youngster. If you’re good enough you’re old enough.

Just a shame really as I’d like to see Pereira in action.

You make it sound like he’s 17. He’s 24.

Joe Hart saw through the whole qualifying campaign and is preferred to an up and coming youngster. If you’re good enough you’re old enough.

Just a shame really as I’d like to see Pereira in action.

Maybe Soares is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758