Speculation Leicester to be locked down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Nose

It was on the front page of the LM yesterday and today the Home Secretary confirmed that the government are looking at a localised lockdown folllowing a spike in coronavirus cases in Leicester. Maybe today will be our last pretend football match at home this season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-53206506

From a football perspective, this would be extremely bad for us surely? Not only would we be unable to use the stadium, presumably we'd also be unable to use the training ground and players based outside of Leicester (almost all of them) wouldn't be allowed in.

I guess we'd have to send the squad to a base somewhere else and borrow a stadium to play our remaining home matches.

It was inevitable that there would be chaos at some point with this stupidly premature return of football but it is sadly typical of us that it is Leicester that will likely be hit first and most destructively.

Soulsby is playing the matter down.
"I don't think that is an immediate prospect.
"After many weeks of asking, we now have that data and we are analysing it over this weekend, and hopefully early next week we will know whether we have a problem and if we have, where it is."

Local lockdown before tea-time then. And guess who's in Loughborough, heading south!

It was on the front page of the LM yesterday and today the Home Secretary confirmed that the government are looking at a localised lockdown folllowing a spike in coronavirus cases in Leicester. Maybe today will be our last pretend football match at home this season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-53206506

From a football perspective, this would be extremely bad for us surely? Not only would we be unable to use the stadium, presumably we'd also be unable to use the training ground and players based outside of Leicester (almost all of them) wouldn't be allowed in.

I guess we'd have to send the squad to a base somewhere else and borrow a stadium to play our remaining home matches.

It was inevitable that there would be chaos at some point with this stupidly premature return of football but it is sadly typical of us that it is Leicester that will likely be hit first and most destructively.
Absolutely. It was always going to happen somewhere. What a shambles this really is.

Not only would we be unable to use the stadium, presumably we'd also be unable to use the training ground and players based outside of Leicester (almost all of them) wouldn't be allowed in.

The lockdown rules said people could still travel to their place of work if they couldn't work from home.

So assuming there are no new rules, they could legally still train at the training ground, and play matches at the KP. Whether that's the right thing to do is a different matter.

sounds like Soulsby thinks we are being used to set an example, thinks the higher numbers are due to extra testing and we're no worse than some other places this isn't being done

I can't see us playing at home Saturday now.

Surely it won't be allowed.

However rules also being suggested that people cannot leave Leicester either which surely scuppers us playing at all?

However rules also being suggested that people cannot leave Leicester either which surely scuppers us playing at all?
the SAG will let the game go ahead and Government won't force a change of venue

There's nothing in the lockdown law to say it can't go ahead. And with all the safety measures being taken at matches there's no more risk than there is anywhere else.

So if they decide we can't play it will be a political decision.

If the game can’t be played though, could the government give us an 80% point allocation for the match, furlough style? I’d take that at the minute.

Never mind

They’ve said the game will go ahead but not said where it will take place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861