Pre Match Leicester v Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to be a lot better against Arsenal. I suspect we will be. I still see them as our bogey team and I think there will only be one goal in it. Which way, I wouldn’t like to say

I think with Castagne, Ricardo and Barnes all starting we are a much stronger outfit.

The Maddison position is clearly a problem though. Given Tielemans poor show there tonight and how much more effective he is starting the moves deeper, I'd go with Nacho man there and leave Tielemans alongside Wilf.

I think with Castagne, Ricardo and Barnes all starting we are a much stronger outfit.

The Maddison position is clearly a problem though. Given Tielemans poor show there tonight and how much more effective he is starting the moves deeper, I'd go with Nacho man there and leave Tielemans alongside Wilf.

Same here. Or play Albrighton left and Barnes central if he doesn't trust Nacho to start

Next four games are Ars (H), Bur (A), Bri (A), Shu (H). All very beatable.

Of those, the toughest match will probably be Brighton who are a lot more defensively solid than earlier in the season.

But no reason why we can't get 9 or 10 points and cement our Top 4 position.

Who is out for us?
Maddison
Fofana
Perez
Justin

Did Rodgers suggest that Maddison might not be too much longer?

I thought he said they were managing him day by day with no timeframe.

I'm hoping for a performance to show me that last night was nothing more than a plan based on resource allocation. That is, Rodgers was only prepared to use a limited amount in pursuit of a European cup. The league is full fat.

If we don;t beat Arsenal on Sunday they I really fear for us in the following 3 games.

No way on earth we break all of those 3 down with our depleted team, especially based on last night.

How about Ricardo wide right with Under playing No10, Wilf and Tilemans in the normal positions, Vardy up top with Barnes wide left, back four of Castagne, Evans, Soyuncu and Thomas.
Schmeichel in goal.

Last edited:
I'm pleased some people haven't given up entirely on Under, I know I have. I really can't see him being a competent no. 10 as he seems to me to be unable to complete a pass, let alone a telling one. His abilities seem, so far to me at least, limited to cutting in from the right and having a thwack with his left foot. And, in fairness, he's pretty good at it. That, and sometimes beating his man and getting to the byeline. He does also seem to like the cross field pass, which last night's commentator thought was a good ball but I considered more a hoof into open space. Generally though, I think he's a tad too selfish and makes wrong choices. And he's not defensively minded. Nah, I've made up my mind on him and I'd not being taking up the option to buy. Just my opinion and ymmv, e@oe etc.

Last edited:
I'm pleased some people haven't given up entirely on Under, I know have. I really can't see him being a competent no. 10 as he seems to me to be unable to complete a pass, let alone a telling one. His abilities seem, so far to me at least, limited to cutting in from the right and having a thwack with his left foot. And, in fairness, he's pretty good at it. That, and sometimes beating his man and getting to the byeline. He does also seem to like the cross field pass, which last night's commentator thought was a good ball but I considered more a hoof into open space. Generally though, I think he's a tad too selfish and makes wrong choices. And he's not defensively minded. Nah, I've made up my mind on him and I'd not being taking up the option to buy. Just my opinion and ymmv, e@oe etc.
Agree with what you've said but if Maddison isn't fit I don't see many other options, playing Tilemans there doesn't work and Perez is injured.
Hope the club don't buy him.

Schmeichel
Castagne Evans Soyuncu Ricardo
Ndidi Tielemans
Albrighton Iheanacho Barnes
Vardy

Thomas looked like he needed a rest last night. The obvious choice for me is to bring Iheanacho in to play off Vardy.

Subs: Ward, Amartey, Fuchs, Thomas, Mendy, Choudhury, Under, Daley-Campbell, Tavares

Our attacking options are atrocious.

Our attacking options are atrocious.
They're not inspiring are they?

Vardy's yet to be back to best, we're still bated breath on Maddison (and I'd be very surprised if he's available), Nacho's best bet is if he grasps the banjo by the wrong end... that leaves Barnes.

I think we've got to see a formation/tactical change of some subtle kind and Nacho closer to Vardy is probably as good a call as any. Not that we're not blessed with options. That said, there's no need to radically change anything (and put Fuchs up front) but a tweak is going to be needed.

Vardy is now a busted flush. Confidence will be very low. Arsenal are in form. Our heaviest defeat of the season looms. At least 0-3 to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757