Pre Match Leicester v Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vardy is now a busted flush. Confidence will be very low. Arsenal are in form. Our heaviest defeat of the season looms. At least 0-3 to them.
I am feeling this way too at the moment.

I don't see why you'd think confidence is low. I realise players don't like to lose but it will be framed by a context that they will understand, and it was one result in an otherwise excellent run. I don't expect to see a hangover in the Arsenal game.

Vardy is the biggest concern.

Looks like a man that knows he's losing his touch a bit.

When he booted the advertising hording last night it was far more than a man that had spurned one chance I can assure you of that.

I’m pretty sure Vardy often struggles for goals around this portion of the season. Even when we won the title.

I'm pleased some people haven't given up entirely on Under, I know have. I really can't see him being a competent no. 10 as he seems to me to be unable to complete a pass, let alone a telling one. His abilities seem, so far to me at least, limited to cutting in from the right and having a thwack with his left foot. And, in fairness, he's pretty good at it. That, and sometimes beating his man and getting to the byeline. He does also seem to like the cross field pass, which last night's commentator thought was a good ball but I considered more a hoof into open space. Generally though, I think he's a tad too selfish and makes wrong choices. And he's not defensively minded. Nah, I've made up my mind on him and I'd not being taking up the option to buy. Just my opinion and ymmv, e@oe etc.
Sounds like the perfect description of a poor man's Arjen Robben.

I’m pretty sure Vardy often struggles for goals around this portion of the season. Even when we won the title.

I had a quick look. Taken from xmas period to late feb in Prem last five seasons:

20/21 - 2 goals, 1 assist since
19/20 - 1 goal, 1 assist
18/19 - Was on it: 4 goals, 2 assists
17/18 - Also on it: 6 goals, 2 assits
16/17 - 0 goals, 0 assists

If Maddison isn't ready then either Iheanacho or Taveres at 10, we need Tielemans deeper as we have no one else capable of playing that role

Head-to-head

• Leicester have won three of the past four league meetings, including a 1-0 victory at the Emirates last October.
  • The Foxes could do the league double over Arsenal for the first time since 1973-74.
  • Arsenal have lost their last three Premier League away matches against Leicester, getting more red cards (two) than goals (one).
Leicester City

• Leicester have won three of their past four league matches and have lost just one of the last 12.
  • Their record of W15, D4, L6 is exactly the same as they had at this stage last season.
  • Five of Leicester's six Premier League defeats this season have come at King Power Stadium.
  • Leicester have won six of their seven Premier League fixtures directly following a Europa League match this season.
  • Brendan Rodgers' side have won 12 of the 13 league matches in which they scored the opening goal in 2020-21.
  • The Foxes have been awarded 10 penalties (scoring eight of them) in this season's Premier League, two more than any other team going into this weekend. They have conceded just one, the fewest in the top flight.
  • Jamie Vardy has scored 11 goals in 12 Premier League appearances against Arsenal.
Arsenal

• Arsenal have lost three of their last four Premier League matches.
  • They have failed to score in 10 league matches this season. Only once previously, in 2005-06, have they failed to score more often in a 38-match campaign.
  • The Gunners have conceded just five goals from set-pieces, including penalties, in this season's Premier League.
  • Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored 38 goals in 50 Premier League games played on Sundays, 14 more than he has on all other days of the week combined (24 goals in 56 matches).
  • Only one of Aubameyang's last 18 Premier League goals was scored outside of London, a penalty in a 1-0 win at Manchester United in November.
  • Bukayo Saka, who is 19 years old, can become the second-youngest player to reach 50 Premier League appearances for Arsenal, after Cesc Fabregas.

I had a quick look. Taken from xmas period to late feb in Prem last five seasons:

20/21 - 2 goals, 1 assist since
19/20 - 1 goal, 1 assist
18/19 - Was on it: 4 goals, 2 assists
17/18 - Also on it: 6 goals, 2 assits
16/17 - 0 goals, 0 assists
Clearly no one read this then

this happens every year.
one year it will be the start of the end.
let’s hope it’s not this season.

Poole, Whitlow, Mohan, Walsh, Willis, Blake, Draper, Oldfield, Thompson, Lowe, Ormondroyd
My all time Leicester hero, Steve Walsh. Mr rock hard.

I also liked Mike Whitlow. Great left foot. Can't remember who it was against but remember him scoring an absolute rocket.

I also have good but short memories of David Lowe for his excellent curling goal against Spurs.

Steve Thompson passed the ball beautifully. Oh and that goal against Swindon. That was brief ecstacy!

Draper was a very good player but I think his career stalled because of injury. I think he could have played for England. I remember when we signed him from Notts County for £1.25 million. I thought we'd finally become a big club.

Arsenals biggest threats being inside forwards Saka and Aubameyang i would make sure that full back is strong. For that reason I'm going

Schmeichel
Castagne Evans Soyuncu Ricardo
Ndidi Tielemans

Then we have to go on the front foot or arsenal tails will be up even before kick off. Therefore I'd go

Albrighton Iheanacho Barnes
Vardy

Arsenals biggest threats being inside forwards Saka and Aubameyang i would make sure that full back is strong. For that reason I'm going

Schmeichel
Castagne Evans Soyuncu Ricardo
Ndidi Tielemans

Then we have to go on the front foot or arsenal tails will be up even before kick off. Therefore I'd go

Albrighton Iheanacho Barnes
Vardy
Perfect.

Referee: Paul Tierney.
Assistants: Dan Cook, Harry Lennard.
Fourth official: Michael Oliver.
VAR: David Coote.
Assistant VAR: Nick Hopton.

We'll win and Arteta will get sacked....following in the footsteps of others. It'll only become apparent to the powers that be at the Arse when he loses against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263