Pre Match Leicester v Aston Villa (League Cup semi-final 1st leg)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaspeywaspey

Rickeh
Big Knob
Jonnycakes
Chillybum

Wilfywinkywoowoo
Tilly-yum
James Maddison

Ayoooooozeh
Vards
Our Harvey

Wish I could be there.

Kaspeywaspey

Rickeh
Big Knob
Jonnycakes
Chillybum

Wilfywinkywoowoo
Tilly-yum
James Maddison

Ayoooooozeh
Vards
Our Harvey

Wish I could be there.
Agree with all of that except I’d go with Gray. Barnes has been sub par and his finishing has been well off. Gray was OK yesterday. Give him a go again!

I would refuse to play unless this sells out

Just had a look. There are about 1,800 still in the Family Stand. Over 500 in the Keith Weller/Walkers Hall (all tickets are £50 - with no discounts), and about 400 across everywhere else (almost all singles dotted around).

The issue here is the Family Stand. An 8pm kick off in the week with the game on TV will mean many people with kids will choose not to go. I understand this. However, our club has never found a solution to the evening no show in the Family Stand. So many games - including Liverpool the other week - saw large numbers of empty seats because we have allocated too many to families.

The club made an error not taking out a section of that stand for this game for general fans. If they had done, it would be full.

If Albrighton could find a blue shirt, the win would have been a lot more comfortable.

I mean, it’s all subjective but...

And Piper also gave him MOTM, 5 Live too.

Scored, provided an outlet and linked play pretty well. All while in an unfamiliar position.

I know it’s quite en vogue to think Barnes is a useless duffer, but he really isn’t.

Absolutely. His finishing needs work and he can be frustrating at times but he's a very good footballer with a lot of potential. We've seen some fabulous link up play between him and Chilwell this season and he was by far and away our best ayer yesterday.

Absolutely. His finishing needs work and he can be frustrating at times but he's a very good footballer with a lot of potential. We've seen some fabulous link up play between him and Chilwell this season and he was by far and away our best ayer yesterday.

To be fair, there wasn't a lot of competition yesterday.

I've had a go at Barnes on here but I've always clarified my opinion with an acknowledgement that he is a talent that could go on to be a terrific player for us.

The problem is, how long do we have to wait? The fact is that he has 2 goals in 38 appearances for us in the league. That's nowhere near good enough. And it's not that he's not getting the opportunities because he is provider rather than a finisher (such as Albrighton). He's missed so many clear cut chances it's ridiculous. It is also how he misses chances that alarms me. He bottles it.

Yep, Barnes is a good player, just a massively frustrating one right now.

Far too inconsistent in his end product. I feel like he gets a few assists, but it's mostly his finishing that's awful. I think that's mostly a composure issue, rather than him lacking the technical ability. That's something that I trust Brendan to work on.

He's got the technical ability to be a very good player and he gets in the right places a lot, but he just has to get better when he gets there.

The week after Christmas and NY and not on the season tickets. People arent made of money.....I'm not surprised they are struggling to sell out.

Yep, Barnes is a good player, just a massively frustrating one right now.

Far too inconsistent in his end product. I feel like he gets a few assists, but it's mostly his finishing that's awful. I think that's mostly a composure issue, rather than him lacking the technical ability. That's something that I trust Brendan to work on.

He's got the technical ability to be a very good player and he gets in the right places a lot, but he just has to get better when he gets there.

Hes 21 or 22. Most players dont get 'consistent' at what they are good at until 4 or 5 yrs older than him. Hes provided assists with right and left foot, crosses and through balls this season, taken players on, stretched in behind with his pace and has got into lots of goalscoring positions with intelligent movement. He will be a firm fixture in the premier league for his while career IMO. Perhaps the best compliment I can pay him is that I sometimes cant tell the difference between him and Vardy when a ball is played into the channels or through the defence. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends the season with 10 goals in all comps.

Barnes was our best player yesterday.
Ooh. Debate. I don’t agree I think he wasted too many chances and didn’t really make much of what came up. I thought Hamza had a good game.
I mean, it’s all subjective but...

And Piper also gave him MOTM, 5 Live too.

Scored, provided an outlet and linked play pretty well. All while in an unfamiliar position.

I know it’s quite en vogue to think Barnes is a useless duffer, but he really isn’t.

It’s not “en vogue”. For his position, in this league, and with the chances he’s had, he’s missed far too many. He often shows out of tackles. There are flaws in his game. As BN correctly says, there’s definitely a player in there, as evidenced by the fact that he’s in the right place to get those chances. But how many more missed chances do you give him before you accept he needs to improve his finishing to deserve a starting XI spot in the team second in the premier league?

Ooh. Debate. I don’t agree I think he wasted too many chances and didn’t really make much of what came up. I thought Hamza had a good game.

It’s not “en vogue”. For his position, in this league, and with the chances he’s had, he’s missed far too many. He often shows out of tackles. There are flaws in his game. As BN correctly says, there’s definitely a player in there, as evidenced by the fact that he’s in the right place to get those chances. But how many more missed chances do you give him before you accept he needs to improve his finishing to deserve a starting XI spot in the team second in the premier league?
If we were talking of Almiron or joelinton crapness , you might be on to something, but we are not.

Barnes would start for the majority of premier league sides.

He wouldn't start for any other side in the top six.

Man City and Liverpool have very talented young players such as Foden or Brewster. They don't rely on them though.

We allowed Chilwell to learn on the job and it cost us at times. You can do it if you're mid table and never going to be anything more.

I just think we're better than that now. It shouldn't be enough to get a regular place in our side if you're half a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Ipswich4389
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4387
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263