Pre Match Leicester v Aston Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

How exciting - not started a pre-match for a while. Could be the change we need to trigger a deluge of Monday night goals.

Chilwell might be out, Vardy looking positive:

we seem to be picking up more injuries than normal this season

We seem to be picking up more injuries but not during games. J. Vardy has picked up more injuries since he stopped playing than he had in the last two years playing every game.

I'd go for 3-5-2 as long as Chilwell is fit.

Our wingers aren't good enough, so let's give our wing backs more freedom and more in the middle to aim for.

Head-to-head

• Leicester could complete a league double over Aston Villa for the first time since the 1996-97 season.
  • Villa have won just one of their 10 Premier League away games against Leicester.
Leicester City

• Leicester are winless in four league matches (D2, L2), failing to score in the past three.
  • The Foxes last went four consecutive top-flight matches without scoring in February 2017, as part of a six-game run under Claudio Ranieri.
  • Leicester have only taken 12 points from 12 league games since their 4-1 win at Villa on 8 December.
  • Their tally of 50 points is just two shy of their final total last season.
  • Jamie Vardy has gone 10 hours and 41 minutes without a league goal.
  • Kelechi Iheanacho has been directly involved in eight goals in his last five games against Villa in all competitions, scoring six and assisting two.
  • He could become the first Premier League player to score against the same side in four games in a single season since Romelu Lukaku against West Ham in 2014-15.
  • Kasper Schmeichel is one short of becoming the fourth Danish player to make 200 Premier League appearances.
Aston Villa

• Villa have lost four consecutive matches in all competitions since a 2-1 League Cup victory against Leicester on 28 January.
  • No Premier League side has conceded more goals via set pieces this season than Villa's 18.
  • Only Norwich City have earned fewer points on their travels this season than Villa's eight.
  • Villa have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 21 Premier League away matches.
  • With seven goals and six assists, Jack Grealish has been directly involved in 38% of Villa's 34 league goals this season.

Referee: Michael Oliver.
Assistants: Daniel Cook, Simon Bennett.
Fourth official: Chris Kavanagh.
VAR: Paul Tierney.
Assistant VAR: Harry Lennard.

Iheanacho has to start this, surely? Ideally alongside Vards.

Iheanacho is to Aston Villa as Nugent was to Ipswich.

I'd go 352 either way, some of Perez's best games have come playing upfront alongside Nacho

Desperately need the win. And a morale boosting win to go with it would go a long way too, I think.

We need to refind our spark, and I think if/when that happens we will go on a bit of a run again.

But the wins need to start coming. Just 2 ahead of Chelsea and 5 ahead of Manure now.

Yup, 3 points any old how would do me. A win to steady the nerves. A win to build confidence.

I don't think it's going to easy though. I reckon Villa will fancy it and be in our faces.

Doubt it, if Chilwell is out Fuchs will start

Nah I think he would start Justin this time. More attacking threat than Fuchs these days.

Hope that team news isn't right though. Very light on attacking options!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757