Pre Match Leicester V Aston Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles Away

The horrible git will be in the dugout. Give him pelters lads.

what it should be:

Iversen, Castagne, Justin, Evans, Faes, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison, KDH, Nacho, Daka (352)

what it will be:

Ward, Thomas, Justin, Evans, Faes, Soumare, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes, Vardy, Perez (4231) (or some other nonsensical shit)

Let me be clear. As long as Rodgers is in charge we are ****ed.

They looked a little bit better in that last game, sadly - but apart from that they have plumbed the depths of complete and utter shite

Although not as bad as us, obviously

Not a match for the neutrals, that's for sure

I am absolutely bewildered that Rodgers will be leading the team at this match.

Some poor ****er has purchased my ST on the resale platform

Yeah but even we lose this one then he will definitely be sacked….. and then if we lose the Tottenham game (there’s no ‘if’ there) he’ll definitely definitely be sacked.

I have to agree. If anyone hasn't had the opportunity I would recommend the most recent Radio Leicester podcast. Generally the most optimistic of groups and the consensus is scathing.

From my perspective I like to give managers the benefit of the doubt but when it's clear something has gone off it's time - It was true for Puel and he remained for too long and it's true here (in hindsight the Forest cup match should have been the end - I remember definitely thinking that was the rubicon).

Poor Top - His loyalty and inexperience paired with the crushing weight of his old man's legacy - A heavy burden. And nw we have a balance sheet and an on-field product that expose his challenges.

There's no way back, I don't understand what they are playing at. Every day increases the risk and delays the inevitable.

If there is going to be a change this week, it will be tomorrow.

Word on the street is that Top is due to arrive in Leicester this evening.

Usual press conference day is Thursday.

If there is going to be a change this week, it will be tomorrow.

Word on the street is that Top is due to arrive in Leicester this evening.

Usual press conference day is Thursday.
Surely that should read 'word in the air...'

In a potentially bizarre plot twist it seems Top's plane has been to Nice and then onto the UK......

Bit of Al Fresco dining on the south coast with an old confidante before the deed, one hopes.

I'm absolutely certain Top has leaned on Kasper before, that they are friends. I'm also certain that Kasper would tell him Rodgers is a charlatan.

Probably all bollocks though.

Great idea if Top has gone to Nice and sat down with Kasper.

Kasper would be in a great position to give Top a really good understanding of the situation behind the scene at Seagrave, free from any squad / manager commitments.

I don't think it matters anymore, what side we put out. Until we have a fresh set of ideas from the manager's chair, we will keep on making the same mistakes.

The odd thing is that, I'm not convinced he's lost the players. I think most of them will work for him but that's not enough. It has to be with direction and leadership and there has been precious little of that this year.

I'm not absolving the players of blame but I don't think they've abandoned ship. I think they are being shoehorned into system after system with no consistency and no time to learn and adapt.

For me, I'd probably go:

Iversen
Castagne
Evans
Faes
Justin
Perez
Tielemans
Maddison
Barnes
Daka
Vardy

But like I say, I'm not convinced that any changes in personnel will have that much of an impact.

I don't hate Rodgers, I just don't care about him. I do think him hanging on and spouting the same old nonsense week in week out will, in the end, damage his ability to work at the top level. Go now as the underfunded, poorly treated, woe is me manager, and I still think he'll be offered pretty big jobs in the future.

I don't think we need a fresh set of ideas, we seem to be trying a new formation every game since the start of last season. We should go back to basics, play some round pegs in some round holes, and stick to the ideas that Brendan got the best tune out of the team with:

Ward
Justin Evans Faes Thomas
Ndidi Tielemans
Castagne Maddison Barnes
Vardy

It might not be perfect, but it's got to be better than what we've had so far

As was stated before the Brighton match, it's a weird feeling wanting us to lose so that the Rodgers' reign ends.

A draw or a win and it feels like we're dragging on the inevitable in a Zombie-like fashion as we plough towards the Championship.

As was stated before the Brighton match, it's a weird feeling wanting us to lose so that the Rodgers' reign ends.

A draw or a win and it feels like we're dragging on the inevitable in a Zombie-like fashion as we plough towards the Championship.
Need the points though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4492
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4485
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366