Pre Match Leicester V Aston Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brendan Rodgers has issued a statement.

I am devastated to learn Her Majesty the Queen’s passing. As a leader she is someone I admire greatly and having met her on several occasions, I would like to think that she learned something from me too.

It is of course a tragedy that her majesty had to leave this life without seeing a Leicester City squad capable of reaching it’s full potential following a disappointing summer transfer window. The sense of worry from the fans following news of her deteriorating health can’t have helped her in her final hours.

It is important now that we heal as a group and look forward to picking up our first three points of the season.

I'm torn between incredulity that my life should be affected by royal shit and a wave of relief that I don't have to watch another horror tomorrow.
To be fair BN, you don't have to watch. Personal choice and all that.

Can understand the Premier League, and the top leagues - but they’ve cancelled all organised games of football everywhere - including kids

Bonkers
Just heard that my daughter's u-10 match is cancelled. They still have to pay for pitch (obviously), so are busy organising a friendly with a similarly canceled team. Meanwhile, she plays Futsal on Sundays and since the hall they use for that is owned by a Quaker school there's been no question of a cancellation. Let's hope it all adds a bit more radicalism to the country

Just heard that my daughter's u-10 match is cancelled. They still have to pay for pitch (obviously), so are busy organising a friendly with a similarly canceled team. Meanwhile, she plays Futsal on Sundays and since the hall they use for that is owned by a Quaker school there's been no question of a cancellation. Let's hope it all adds a bit more radicalism to the country
Radicalism ? In England ? I wouldn't hold your breath.

I've been doing some data analysis for a guy who runs a horse racing service. I've been covering the St Leger meeting this week. Today & tomorrow's cards have been cancelled so I'm not getting paid. As it's a fee based consultancy rather than a salary, thats it. No work no money.
The Saturday card has been moved to Sunday but it's been rejigged with different races & he's decided to just not offer a service for it due to that & refund people who paid for the info. I still don't get paid though obviously.
So thats £250 I've lost which I was relying on to cover bills for the next month.,

Rees-Mogg will be ecstatic at being able to actually live in the 19th century for the next fortnight. Dream come true for him. Shite for everyone else.

Of course work won't be cancelled...just stuff we do for fun & enjoyment.

When Charlie Jug Ears addresses the nation tonight he'll announce a public mourning period that'll last until a week after the funeral. **** knows what disruption that'll bring. Medieval bollocks of the highest order.

Oh...& brace yourself for the inevitable raiding of public funds to build a "lasting memorial"

(which will end up costing twice what they said & be followed by an investigation into how the funding was suspiciously allocated to companies run by certain individuals with government connections)

Bunch of ****ing serfs the English. For 1000 years & counting.

Vive Le Republic.

I've been doing some data analysis for a guy who runs a horse racing service. I've been covering the St Leger meeting this week. Today & tomorrow's cards have been cancelled so I'm not getting paid. As it's a fee based consultancy rather than a salary, thats it. No work no money.
The Saturday card has been moved to Sunday but it's been rejigged with different races & he's decided to just not offer a service for it due to that & refund people who paid for the info. I still don't get paid though obviously.
So thats £250 I've lost which I was relying on to cover bills for the next month.,

Rees-Mogg will be ecstatic at being able to actually live in the 19th century for the next fortnight. Dream come true for him. Shite for everyone else.

When Charlie Jug Ears addresses the nation tonight he'll announce a public mourning period that'll last until a week after the funeral. **** knows what disruption that'll bring. Medieval bollocks of the highest order.

Oh...& brace yourself for the inevitable raiding of public funds to build a "lasting memorial"

(which will end up costing twice what they said & be followed by an investigation into how the funding was suspiciously allocated to companies run by certain individuals with government connections)

Vive Le Republic.
Vive la Republique

Vive Le Republic.
C'est la république

Not all of us are like that :023:
Of course not. But the nation as a whole is. I remember being at a table in a hospitality tent at Chantilly races some years ago. When the waiter came over with a wine selection I asked him about one I hadn't heard of. He told me it was sweeter than the others. I said I had a bit of a sweet tooth & ordered it, then thanked him. He smiled (he wasn't Parisian so could smile at customers).

All of this took place in French obviously.

I then noticed the other English people at the table. Looking at me as if I'd just stepped out of a flying saucer on the White House lawn.

"I didn't know you could do that !" said one. The exclamation mark was definitely there.

"do that"... as if I'd just done a baffling magic trick.

Christ.

Of course not. But the nation as a whole is. I remember being at a table in a hospitality tent at Chantilly races some years ago. When the waiter came over with a wine selection I asked him about one I hadn't heard of. He told me it was sweeter than the others. I said I had a bit of a sweet tooth & ordered it, then thanked him. He smiled (he wasn't Parisian so could smile at customers).

All of this took place in French obviously.

I then noticed the other English people at the table. Looking at me as if I'd just stepped out of a flying saucer on the White House lawn.

"I didn't know you could do that !" said one. The exclamation mark was definitely there.

"do that"... as if I'd just done a baffling magic trick.

Christ.
I've had similar. My friends all try to get me to do all of the ordering when we're away, but I make them order their own, even if it's in the most basic French, as they can do it so why shouldn't they.

I think my proudest achievement of this type was being asked where I was from in France and the waiter being shocked when I said I was English.

I've had similar. My friends all try to get me to do all of the ordering when we're away, but I make them order their own, even if it's in the most basic French, as they can do it so why shouldn't they.

I think my proudest achievement of this type was being asked where I was from in France and the waiter being shocked when I said I was English.
I like to think my spanish is reasonable on a combination of a short project there and a few holidays.

Previously it was barely conversational so imagine the confusion when a spanish man spoke to me and I replied “no hablo inglese” in barely acceptable spanish. He roared with laughter.
Languages must be taught earlier. Must.

Many years ago, my in-laws were staying with us and my mother-in-law was in the kitchen. I wanted to help her and I thought that I had asked if I could lower the temperature of the oven. I said " est-ce que je peux baiser la cuisiniere " She looked at me in a rather concerned manner and explained to me that I had just asked her if I could **** the cook.

Many years ago, my in-laws were staying with us and my mother-in-law was in the kitchen. I wanted to help her and I thought that I had asked if I could lower the temperature of the oven. I said " est-ce que je peux baiser la cuisiniere " She looked at me in a rather concerned manner and explained to me that I had just asked her if I could **** the cook.
Ha ha, I had to spend three weeks doing work experience in France, while I was doing A Level French. I worked at a basketball club but it was out of season, so we just used to drink whisky and coffee, neither of which I like, at various places around the city. I learned more swear words in that time than useful words, so could see where this was going.

Peviously it was barely conversational so imagine the confusion when a spanish man spoke to me and I replied “no hablo inglese” in barely acceptable spanish. He roared with laughter.
Languages must be taught earlier. Must.
It has always amused me how people go to the effort of learning how to say they can't do the thing they are learning. It's like some warped paradox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757