Match Thread Leicester v Atalanta - PSF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry Who?
I thought that Soyuncu was class throughout the match. It is interesting that Benkovic, who played for Ted most of last season, hasn't had a look in yet.

Harry Who?
I thought that Soyuncu was class throughout the match. It is interesting that Benkovic, who played for Ted most of last season, hasn't had a look in yet.

I said this the other day too. Rodgers clearly thinks Soyuncu is ahead of Benkovic despite having had Benkovic play for him all of last season.

And based on what we saw of Soyuncu last year that concerns me a bit. But he did look decent enough tonight.

Id be very surprised if we don't sign a centre back this week. Hopefully before the window closes...

And I think if we get it down early enough, Benkovic may go out on loan again

So who else would you expect to see there?

I was anticipating seeing one or two of the youngsters. Leshabela for instance looked confident and capable last time out.

I didn't think Atalanta looked super sharp tbh (I know they are a few weeks behind us in preseason) so difficult to read too much into that, defensively particularly. Still, you can't fault us for that.

At times, I had tingles of excitement due to how good we looked. I haven't felt this positive before a season before. I reckon we could be a handful with our movement and passing. Some of it was so slick, I couldn't believe it was us!

I'm going to run the gauntlet and say I wouldn't consider it a disaster if we didn't sign an experienced cb, I reckon Soyuncu could step up - he looked promising. Indeed, Evans looked fallible tonight. I'd prefer it if we did bring someone in, but I don't think it's as dire a need as it could be and I don't see a need to panic buy. Obviously, I might revise that opinion come Christmas!

But, yes, we looked pretty darned good. I'm excited.

Soyuncu is going to be awesome

Who was Harry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861