Leicester v Blackburn/Birmingham FA Cup R5

I don't understand the whinging. Hundreds upon hundreds of live facilities, many of them much much bigger than the King Power, are contactless now.
My wife and I went to the O2 two weeks ago to see Florence and the machine, the train tickets were a bar code downloaded on my phone so was the entrance into the O2 even the hotel room key was from an email from the hotel that I downloaded onto my phone using the WiFi in the hotel, the hotel bar was contact payment only and so are a number of venues inside the O2.

Haven't you previously said our fanbase is too old and infirm?

I don't understand the whinging. Hundreds upon hundreds of live facilities, many of them much much bigger than the King Power, are contactless now.

I have said that. I'm edging closer to packing it in for that very reason. I'm not 'old' but I only go now due to the routine and habit. I've done 45 years and there is nothing I'm going to see better than what's already happened. This may well tip me over into giving up entirely.

On your point about contactless entertainment, if that's the way it's going, that's okay. I'll just do less things. I have a problem with people's obsessions with phones. I don't think it's good for people to increasingly depend on them for everything. I've never owned an iPhone and I never will. I've seen how damaging they can be.

I do have a smartphone and fully understand how useful they can be but I often leave home without it. I often go to City without it. But I do then spend a large part of my afternoon observing people ignoring the football and just playing with their phones. Apparently this is progress.

...I often go to City without it. But I do then spend a large part of my afternoon observing people ignoring the football and just playing with their phones. Apparently this is progress.

You mean you don't video yourself watching the game?

I have said that. I'm edging closer to packing it in for that very reason. I'm not 'old' but I only go now due to the routine and habit. I've done 45 years and there is nothing I'm going to see better than what's already happened. This may well tip me over into giving up entirely.

On your point about contactless entertainment, if that's the way it's going, that's okay. I'll just do less things. I have a problem with people's obsessions with phones. I don't think it's good for people to increasingly depend on them for everything. I've never owned an iPhone and I never will. I've seen how damaging they can be.

I do have a smartphone and fully understand how useful they can be but I often leave home without it. I often go to City without it. But I do then spend a large part of my afternoon observing people ignoring the football and just playing with their phones. Apparently this is progress.
Listen, I'm right there with you on the damages of screen time. In large part smartphones (more specifically the social media on them) are the lead paint of our time. Eventually regulations will have to be put in place to prevent the damage they've caused.

That said, pretty handy for a ticket.

Saw this and it reflects how it's heading at the KP.

I genuinely don't understand it. Professional photographers will get 1000x better shots of that event and they'll be published everywhere for you to see and enjoy any time.

Reminds me of when I went to the boxing and I overheard the kids in front saying 'imagine how good this would look in HD' - like there was some kind of quality better than real life.

I have never videoed a moment of play at any sporting event.

It's ****ing weird

Non of those idiots are experiencing that moment properly. Wankers

Last year, I went to watch a GT4 race in Barcelona. It was a rolling start and I was in a great position to film it and send to my friends in the UK. The rolling start was so exciting that I decided to also film the end of the first lap. They were brilliant, so I looked on my phone to see if I had captured the moment and was surprised to see two photos of my feet.

I haven't tried to film anything since.

Saw this and it reflects how it's heading at the KP.

Depressing. Really depressing. Like recording at gigs too. I don't mind someone getting a couple of snaps but trying to record a whole song is just the work of a ****. I go out of my way to nudge the ****ers (there's plenty to target) or dance enthusiastically right near them to run their precious MP4.

Depressing. Really depressing. Like recording at gigs too. I don't mind someone getting a couple of snaps but trying to record a whole song is just the work of a ****. I go out of my way to nudge the ****ers (there's plenty to target) or dance enthusiastically right near them to run their precious MP4.
I bet your David Brent really ****s up their focus.

This reminds me of Ronaldo scoring at Norwich shortly after his ill-fated return to Manyoo and all the shitbrained Norwich fans with their phones out pointed at the **** celebrating. Wankers.

This is all shit.

It has nothing to do with the convenience of mobile tickets though.

You can use a knife to stab someone to death but it's pretty efficient at cutting an onion for my sandwich as well.

This is all shit.

It has nothing to do with the convenience of mobile tickets though.

You can use a knife to stab someone to death but it's pretty efficient at cutting an onion for my sandwich as well.
Do you put raw onion between slices of bread or use slices of onion instead of bread and put other things in between?

I’ve seen some whingjng on this forum but this might just be the most ridiculous. We’re not talking about bad innovations of a football club, we’re talking about evolution of mankind.

Then again some people must’ve refused to get on them trains because they preferred the familiarity of their horse and cart.

It’s not worth the debate, move on with life.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4363
10Preston 4363