Pre Match Leicester v Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazzer

Interesting to see if we get the same reaction as when previous managers have moved on. Either way a dark cloud will have lifted.

**** it let’s try something different. Might actually happen now.

Schmeichel

Maguire
Evans
Morgan

Ricardo
Ndidi
Tielemans
Chilwell

Maddison

Vardy
Iheanacho

Oh bollocks I forgot about young Harvey. I guess that’s the problem with the wing backs formation - he would have to play in Maddison’s position.

assuming everyone is fit

1740367_Leicester_City.jpg

won't happen though not with Stowell in charge

I think same line up as Saturday just with Gray in for Ghezzal and Chilwell back if fit.

That probably is our best team, Puel just wouldn't settle on it.

Imagine the meltdown if Puel was still in charge and started Nachos....

Now we've got people suggesting the defensive approach of 3 CBs or 3 CMs at home to Brighton. Again, imagine the scenes..

Personally, I'd go for the same team as Palace with Gray in for Ghezzal.

With Stowell in charge though it will probs be:

Kasper

Simpson
Morgan
Maguire
Fuchs

Ricardo
Ndidi
Tielemans
Barnes

Okazaki
Vardy.

Now we've got people suggesting we make just one change after a humiliating thrashing at home to Crystal Palace. Again, imagine the scenes..

Can't see our defense stopping them from getting through or Kasper actually making a save, so we'll need a Vardy breakaway goal, a penalty, Tielman's first goal and 2 wicked deflections from Maddison's free kicks - got 5-4 to us written all over it!

CP seemed to think on Saturday that Chilwell wouldn't be fit in time for Tuesday's game.

Now we've got people suggesting we make just one change after a humiliating thrashing at home to Crystal Palace. Again, imagine the scenes..

Who out of the starting 11 on Saturday are bad players then or are not good enough for us?

So it was the manager then?

Who is being binary now?

I'm not sure if you missed my couple of posts on the subject, but I actually thought the manager was good enough for where we need to be. Perfect, of course not, but good enough for our goal this season.

I also think we have some very good players too but we've had a dip in form recently and confidence is low but I had confidence the management and players were good enough to turn things around.

I thought things were OK as they were, hence why I would only make 1 change for the next game.

You lot though seemed to think that everything negative was the manager's fault - players shackled/isolated, playing players out of position, being too rigid and only having one system but also constantly changing.

Surely if that was the case, now the big mean bully Puel has left, the players should be on fire and no need for drastic changes to personal?

Honestly, 3 CBs or 3 DMs at home to Brighton?? This is the exact thing Puel was being crucified for.

Again (and for the last time):

1 point in 18
4 home wins all year
8 goals from open play scored in the total of all first halves this season
1 goal scored in the first half since boxing day
Have not led a game for a single minute since January 1st
Lost to Newport
Conceded first in 19 out of 27 games in the league
One of only 3 clubs in the football league to fail to register a win since Jan 1

Quite where the faith that things would be "OK as they were" comes from is confusing to me...but there I go again taking the bait.

Referee: Lee Probert
Assistants: Simon Beck, Andy Garratt
Fourth official: Andre Marriner

Again (and for the last time):

1 point in 18
4 home wins all year
8 goals from open play scored in the total of all first halves this season
1 goal scored in the first half since boxing day
Have not led a game for a single minute since January 1st
Lost to Newport
Conceded first in 19 out of 27 games in the league
One of only 3 clubs in the football league to fail to register a win since Jan 1

Quite where the faith that things would be "OK as they were" comes from is confusing to me...but there I go again taking the bait.

Miles, do you read the posts or do you just select words you wish to respond to?

I'm on about team selection here, for the Brighton game, you know the, the topic of the thread?

I was queried as to why I would only make one change - my answer, because I think things are OK as they are. We generally have 11 very good players on the pitch, I'd just swap Gray in for Ghezzal from Saturday and now knowing that Chilwell should be available, I'd bring him back too.

If you thought everything that was bad with us was down to the manager, why would you then make drastic changes to the team?

What makes things even more confusing and contradictory to your whole Puel out stance was that he was labelled as being too defensive at home against the lesser teams or playing players out of position. Why would you then pick a team, against a lesser team at home that has a midfield of 3 DMs or Hamza playing on the right of midfield which would be completely out of position and Barnes back as a LM which isn't really his position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757