Match Thread Leicester v Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before kick off, it's worth pointing out that we have scored two goals from our last four PL home games. Our total Xg from our five home matches this season is 5.45. Of the six goals in total at home, one was an own goal and one was a penalty.

We played Brighton at home in June and it ended 0-0 and a low scoring draw would be the most likely outcome tonight. Brighton have a slightly higher Xg from their five away games than we have from our home matches.

Of tonight's starting line up:

Since lockdown in March, Jamie Vardy has scored in only one PL game out of the nine at the KP from open play (Palace).

It's over a year since Maddison scored at home in a PL match. Perez has one home goal since January. Tielemans and Ndidi last scored at the KP in the PL in October 19.

Boxing Day will bring up the second anniversary of the last Albighton home goal in the PL. Justin has one PL goal at home since he joined City in Summer 19. Fuchs last home PL goal was in March 2017. Fofana and Evans have never scored a PL goal at home.

Where are the goals coming from?

Apart from Perez for Barnes, exactly as I suspected it would be. We've set up to nullify Lamptey!

Can’t say I’m mad about that.

Well to be fair, that lineup worked so well at Sheffield United last week. (Yes that is said in jest).

**** sake Brendan.

Oh ffs. Same setup for Brighton at home as Man City away, predictable as always.

I thought one of the reasons we were playing 3 centre backs was because of Ndidi’s absence, but alas no.

Why oh why did we sign the direct Ünder if we’d rather our attacking wing play came from James Justin for crying out loud.

It’s an absolute shit show from the most frustrating manager we’ve ever had.

Not done anything to address the corners issue but they have talked about it. FFS

Not done anything to address the corners issue but they have talked about it. FFS
Incredible.

Well from an attacking point of view it’ll clearly be Maddison taking them again seeing as he’s dropped Ünder.

I’m not going to say it’s shit, I’m not going to call Brenda a twat and I’m not predicting a defeat...

But I just do not get it. I don’t get what he’s driving at with these team selections, it doesn’t seem to make any use of our best assets. I’m not having it that it’s because players are missing, we’re shoehorning Fuchs and Albrighton in to fill that formation and playing Maddison in a role that he rarely does anything in. It’s way over my head.

Andy Townsend, is there a more lazy pundit, going on the "if Vardy gets injured" trope ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757