Perez Vardy Albrighton

Tweak for Burnley game

Schmeichel
Justin Evans Soyuncu Pereira
Ndidi
Tielemans Maddison
Perez Vardy Albrighton
That’s a good message to our players.

“Get a chance off the bench, majorly **** up to lose a great point away from home, and you get to start”

And don’t even get me started on Pereira at left back.

“Get a chance off the bench, majorly **** up to lose a great point away from home, and you get to start”
It was confusion by Schmeical and Albrighton, he did well to initially win the ball Mane dived, other than that Albrighton played well and was decisive going forward. I would like to see Fuchs given a go Chilwell needs to work on his crossing he needs to be more cavalier and gamble when going forward, not sure if he was worried about Mane's pace? maybe that is why he tended not go for the overlap?

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

NDidi

Praet ------- Tielemans

Maddison

Perez Vardy

I've said for years some players are more equal that others and some fans react like leaving Albrighton out is a kin to dropping Messi - Albrighton can do no wrong

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

NDidi

Praet ------- Tielemans

Maddison

Perez Vardy

I've said for years some players are more equal that others and some fans react like leaving Albrighton out is a kin to dropping Messi - Albrighton can do no wrong
Albrighton is a very underrated player apart from making a mistake he played well, his through ball for Vardy was'nt too bad at all. He provides a much more direct style of play and allows Vardy to exploit space and creates width as well as providing good defensive ability for his full back.
It is not that he can do no wrong he provides a better shape than Perez who I agree should play alongside Vardy. The dilemma for Rogers is fitting Praet, Maddison and Tielemans into the team it could be that for the sake of the team and balance it is better that one sits on the bench?

Albrighton is a very underrated player apart from making a mistake he played well, his through ball for Vardy was'nt too bad at all. He provides a much more direct style of play and allows Vardy to exploit space and creates width as well as providing good defensive ability for his full back.
It is not that he can do no wrong he provides a better shape than Perez who I agree should play alongside Vardy. The dilemma for Rogers is fitting Praet, Maddison and Tielemans into the team it could be that for the sake of the team and balance it is better that one sits on the bench?
It’s Rodgers.

Whilst the Liverpool game was a free hit, this isn't.
The run of games coming up is the acid test of where we want to be.

Games, that in the past have seen us slip up, but hopefully, not now!

Hardest home game so far

this Game is also the closest to the anniversary to the Helicopter crash, expect some commemorations

Praet needs to start but so does Perez. Fuchs should be starting but I'm assuming the shit he took in Rodgers' car rules him out.

Picks itself for me (at least in terms of anticipating Rodgers):

Kasper
Ricardo
Soyuncu
Evans
Chilwell

Ndidi
Praet

Barnes
Maddison
Perez

Vardy

Only thing I'd consider changing is Barnes for Albrighton or Gray. We are lacking a bit in this area. Have to hope Barnes develops.

Barnes has been dog bob so far - might be due a rest for a bit

Line up in midfield and up front will be interesting.

Just play Maddison in the middle, please, for the love of Sweet Baby Jesus

Barnes has been dog bob so far - might be due a rest for a bit

Line up in midfield and up front will be interesting.

Just play Maddison in the middle, please, for the love of Sweet Baby Jesus
do you think he should put two upfront? perhaps a straight forward 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 with Fuchs replacing Chillwell? Either way as long as we go at them from the off and put them to the sword is all that matters, Burnley are a Gnarly side and as has been stated earlier this is a tough fixture, coupled with our notoriously bad starts after the international break who knows how it will play out.

do you think he should put two upfront? perhaps a straight forward 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 with Fuchs replacing Chillwell? Either way as long as we go at them from the off and put them to the sword is all that matters, Burnley are a Gnarly side and as has been stated earlier this is a tough fixture, coupled with our notoriously bad starts after the international break who knows how it will play out.

I can't see us changing formation, but if we were going to then a narrow diamond fits the most of our strongest players in their natural positions:

Ndidi
Praet, Tielemans
Maddison
Perez, Vardy
But I don't see us switching it up, and I'm also not sure how often that system would be effective because it could lead our attacking full backs exposed or pinned back too.

But we've got a difficulty at the moment where all of our best performers are central players, whereas we're not as strong on the wing.

Perez seems to have picked up in the last couple of games so is now probably first choice of the wide men, but you've then got to choose between Barnes, Gray and Albrighton for the other side - none of whom have done much yet this season. And then you have to choose a midfielder from the above (and Choudhury) to leave out...

Essentially I can see why Maddison has been used on the left of the attack more this season.

I wish we'd pulled off the Thauvin/Ziyech type signing we were looking at. Much easier to leave out one of our good central players if it's for a quality winger. But leaving out Maddison, Tielemans or Praet atm for Barnes, Gray or Albrighton doesn't seem appealing.

Burnley are well organised, we will dominate possession and they will happy to soak up pressure and then break.

Width is going to important to stretch their defence if we are going to create any space.

Chris Wood may score in the second half against us. That's the kind of thing that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263