Pre Match Leicester v Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester are looking to complete the league double over Chelsea for the first time since the 2000-01 campaign, having won the reverse fixture at Stamford Bridge 1-0.

Chelsea have won five of their last six away league games against Leicester, with the exception being a 1-2 loss in the Foxes’ title winning campaign of 2015-16.

Chelsea are guaranteed a top four finish in the Premier League this season – since four English clubs could qualify for the Champions League in 2001-02, only Arsenal (15) have finished in these places more often than the Blues (14).

Chelsea hold the record for the biggest win on the closing day of a Premier League season, beating Wigan 8-0 in 2009-10 to secure the league title.

Among teams to have played in at least 10 Premier League campaigns, Leicester City’s final matches of a season have seen more goals on average than any other side (4.3 – 51 goals in 12 games).

Leicester have won four of their last five Premier League home games (L1), more than they had in their previous 12 at the King Power Stadium (W3 D2 L7).

Chelsea have kept just one clean sheet in their last 13 away league games, conceding in each of their last eight. They last conceded in nine consecutive Premier League games on the road in February 2001.

Jamie Vardy has scored each of Leicester’s last three goals in all competitions against Chelsea, including the winner in the reverse fixture in December.

Chelsea’s Eden Hazard has been directly involved in more Premier League goals than any other player this season (16 goals, 15 assists). Only in 2011-12 with Lille has the Belgian been involved in more goals in a single top-flight campaign (20 goals, 16 assists).

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers has faced Chelsea more often in Premier League games without winning than he has versus any other side in the competition (8 – D4 L4).

given 7th has gone I would quite like to see Shinji get an hour, Ward could get a prem debut in what is essentially a nothing match too but probably won't

It’s a pointless partytime game, and they will be totally fecked after last night and be protecting themselves for the final (notwithstanding the fact that were complete shite)

Simpson and Okazaki to start, please

I’ll be amazed if they’re anything even approaching full strength. They’ll probably line up with Chris Sutton up too and Jason Cundy at the back.

I’ll be amazed if they’re anything even approaching full strength. They’ll probably line up with Chris Sutton up too and Jason Cundy at the back.
Sam Dalla Bona in midfield.

Hopefully Frank Sinclair will start for them

Let's end the season with a win, no dicking about.

Shinji and Simpson can have the last 10 mins or so, but we should play to win and send a message to them for next season. We're coming for you!

It’s a pointless partytime game, and they will be totally fecked after last night and be protecting themselves for the final (notwithstanding the fact that were complete shite)

Simpson and Okazaki to start, please

It is not a pointless partytime game. If we lose or draw, either Watford or West Ham, but fortunately not both, could overtake us. There is a place bonus of £2million per place, so it would be expensive to lose.

It is not a pointless partytime game. If we lose or draw, either Watford or West Ham, but fortunately not both, could overtake us. There is a place bonus of £2million per place, so it would be expensive to lose.
What's £2M when a figure fifty times greater is being bandied about for somebody Chilwell?

What's £2M when a figure fifty times greater is being bandied about for somebody Chilwell?

£2million is an expensive thankyou for two great departing players, but let them have the last 10-15 minutes if the game is safe.

I notice that the club are making a big thing of the post match lap of appreciation tomorrow. They've been several tweets, messages, etc. from them all saying that there will be this or that happening after the game.

I think these laps are outdated and we should give up on them. They're like testimonials. I have no desire to do it any more, it feels wrong. After you win something in a season, it's absolutely the right thing to do. But otherwise, in another largely mediocre season, what's the point?

The players can't enjoy it. Wheeling out their kids and a mob of hangers on. I think the essence of it is that they've become distasteful as the wealth of those on the pitch has ballooned away from the wealth of those off the pitch.

I'll not be staying again, and most other fans won't either. The club probably don't understand it so are trying to offer feeble incentives such as some footballs that will be thrown into the crowd giving prizes. It's like those half time t-shirt things shooting rags at goons. They'll do the lap to a quarter of the stadium again and it will be a bit cringey.

Just give it up.

...in another largely mediocre season, what's the point?
Top half of the Premier League is mediocre? How the world has changed; how Leicester City fans have changed?

Given the heartbreak and emotional upheaval that has hit this club this season, a bit of end of season interaction with Top, his family and the players is appropriate I believe. Put the season to bed and say farewell to the outgoing players. For that reason I'm in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757