Pre Match Leicester v Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news for us.

Means they're down to 11 men before kick off.

Not any more. Kante is sadly a shadow of his former self nowadays.

Exhibit 1 for me in Fat Frank's cluelessness, is not seeing and appreciating Kante for what he is best at.

Exhibit 1 for me in Fat Frank's cluelessness, is not seeing and appreciating Kante for what he is best at.
Agreed. Ndidi is far outshining Kante this season, and last season also.

How is it??
Glad you asked...
Arsenal were getting beaten by every one when we beat them
Factually inaccurate
and we have had a few good results over Mank City the last few seasons.
Mank City in my mind aren't a "traditional big club" pre oil money they were just as shit as the rest of them.
Nobody knows or cares what your personal feelings are. Right or wrong, Man City are seen as a big club these days. Things that happened ten years ago aren’t a factor.
The "traditionally big clubs" for me
Don’t care
are Man Yoo, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelski (yes Chelski before Abramovich weren't great but it's longer in my lifetime than Mank C)
Arbitrary
Last season Man Yoo were poor and we capulated twice against them
We’re talking about today, last season not relevant
Liverpool this season have been hit and miss yet we still managed to get a thrashing whilst they were missing top players.
Didn’t Liverpool equal some record of undefeated home games that very day?
If we beat Chelski it's a step in the right direction as Fat Frank is not getting the best tune out of a very talented squad they are their for the taking any coach with some tactical nous with our players should get 3 points, unless they stand around giggling like schoolgirls......
The last Leicester player I saw giggling plays for Chelsea now...

Very true, but still a good player.

I was actually looking forward to seeing Ndidi outshine him in the middle of the park in that game.

But still think I'd rather play Chelsea without him in their lineup.

And successive managers playing him as an attacking midfielder for some reason.

Arsenal were getting beaten by every one when we beat them and we have had a few good results over Mank City the last few seasons.
Mank City in my mind aren't a "traditional big club" pre oil money they were just as shit as the rest of them.

The "traditionally big clubs" for me are Man Yoo, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelski (yes Chelski before Abramovich weren't great but it's longer in my lifetime than Mank C)

Last season Man Yoo were poor and we capulated twice against them, Liverpool this season have been hit and miss yet we still managed to get a thrashing whilst they were missing top players.

If we beat Chelski it's a step in the right direction as Fat Frank is not getting the best tune out of a very talented squad they are their for the taking any coach with some tactical nous with our players should get 3 points, unless they stand around giggling like schoolgirls......
So the only 'big clubs' are the ones that are traditionally really big AND currently on a run of form. If they don't match all those... not big.
Do Spuds count for you? They're doing alright at the moment. And they built a new stadium!

Riiiiiiight.

And successive managers playing him as an attacking midfielder for some reason.
I remember someone saying 'he needs to score more goals' (Conte?) and thinking.... wow you really don't understand where he fits into a club and what he does.
What a bizarre statement.

Glad you asked...

Factually inaccurate

Nobody knows or cares what your personal feelings are. Right or wrong, Man City are seen as a big club these days. Things that happened ten years ago aren’t a factor.

Don’t care

Arbitrary

We’re talking about today, last season not relevant

Didn’t Liverpool equal some record of undefeated home games that very day?

The last Leicester player I saw giggling plays for Chelsea now...
Arsenal in the premier league before playing us won 3 lost 2 after playing us they won 1 drew 2 and lost 5 so me saying they were getting beat was more correct than incorrect.

Liverpool lost at home to Atalanta 0-2 after playing us and then drew away at Brighton, yes they have an excellent record but at that time they were beatable, especially as WBA drew at Annfield 1-1 recently.

This is a forum of opinions you don't have to like or dislike any but without them it would be boring and pointless.

You also say last season is irrelevant to losing to Man Yoo but in the context of the conversation its very relevant as the whole point is bottling it to bigger teams over a period of time its not ground hog day where everything resets every season with all results wiped clean, it's called history.

I accept your point that Man C are a big club now because they have money and have won alot of trophys recently, but then surely Arsenal and Spurs are not big clubs unless it's going on History, well Spurs haven't done anything since the 60's anfld they are only big because the media says so.

So as we sold the last player to stand and gaup at the stars we should be beating the so called top 6 now and not passing the ball straight to Lingard a truely average player to roll into an empty net.

I remember someone saying 'he needs to score more goals' (Conte?) and thinking.... wow you really don't understand where he fits into a club and what he does.
What a bizarre statement.
Especially bizarre coming from him since he signed Kante from us who only scored one goal all season...

So the only 'big clubs' are the ones that are traditionally really big AND currently on a run of form. If they don't match all those... not big.
Do Spuds count for you? They're doing alright at the moment. And they built a new stadium!

Riiiiiiight.
It's the media that have come up with the big 6, I get Man yoo,Chelski, Arsenal and Liverpool even Man C now.
I guess it's based on fan base, World wide audience, stadium size, history and recent history, star players, wages, trophys won and the generally the pull from the club to attract the best players.

Just having a big stadium isn't enough it has to be a combination of the above.

Arsenal were getting beaten by every one when we beat them and we have had a few good results over Mank City the last few seasons.

The "traditionally big clubs" for me are Man Yoo, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelski (yes Chelski before Abramovich weren't great but it's longer in my lifetime than Mank C)

Last season Man Yoo were poor and we capulated twice against them, Liverpool this season have been hit and miss yet we still managed to get a thrashing whilst they were missing top players.

I'm just disappointed that you didn't come up with nicknames for Liverpool and Arsenal.

Yep, I was saying this to a Chelsea supporting friend at the weekend. Kante is sadly done as an elite midfielder and yet when he was with us I thought he could have gone on to play for a super club like Barca. Instead he ended up at a pretender.

Yep, I was saying this to a Chelsea supporting friend at the weekend. Kante is sadly done as an elite midfielder and yet when he was with us I thought he could have gone on to play for a super club like Barca. Instead he ended up at a pretender.

The genius was with Ranieri. As with most of that 15/16 team, he pinpointed a specific skillset from each player and made them do that and then combined them all together into a phenomenal unit.

Kante was not especially that sort of midfielder before coming to us and, apart from his first season at Chelsea, he hasn't been since.

It was a brilliantly simple approach. He asked who the best player was - the reply was Mahrez - so he said, right then, give him the ball. And so on.

Ever since, I've been mystifed by both how Ranieri has been a fairly mediocre manager everywhere else, and why other managers over complicate the game so much. It really is just get players to believe in something and then do what they're best at, keep it simple and make sure messaging is clear. Every great manager does that.

The genius was with Ranieri. As with most of that 15/16 team, he pinpointed a specific skillset from each player and made them do that and then combined them all together into a phenomenal unit.

Kante was not especially that sort of midfielder before coming to us and, apart from his first season at Chelsea, he hasn't been since.

It was a brilliantly simple approach. He asked who the best player was - the reply was Mahrez - so he said, right then, give him the ball. And so on.

Ever since, I've been mystifed by both how Ranieri has been a fairly mediocre manager everywhere else, and why other managers over complicate the game so much. It really is just get players to believe in something and then do what they're best at, keep it simple and make sure messaging is clear. Every great manager does that.
So perhaps he could be great again, under the right manager.

Yup. Everytime i see Kante play now I do wonder why he's even in certain areas of the pitch. Completely wasted.

What the **** is a 'big club'? The phrase makes no sense at all. How is 'big' quantified? Domestic fan base numbers? International fan base numbers? Money in the bank? Money in investments? Infrastructure? League position over ten years? League position over a hundred years? League position yesterday? Some silverware? All silverware? European football? International players? Ground size?

I really hate the phrase 'big club', especially as it is the kind of ****ish thing Forest and Leeds fans will always try and use to show how much better they are than anyone else.

What the **** is a 'big club'? The phrase makes no sense at all. How is 'big' quantified? Domestic fan base numbers? International fan base numbers? Money in the bank? Money in investments? Infrastructure? League position over ten years? League position over a hundred years? League position yesterday? Some silverware? All silverware? European football? International players? Ground size?

I really hate the phrase 'big club', especially as it is the kind of ****ish thing Forest and Leeds fans will always try and use to show how much better they are than anyone else.
It's everyone but Leicester!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758