Pre Match Leicester v Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
We beat these and Frank gets the shove, I reckon. They’ll immediately turn their eye to Rodgers.

Weird spot to be in.

Not for the first time will we have sacked a Chelsea manager.

(If it happens)

The pitch was an absolute disgrace on Saturday. A lot of our passes held up and we struggled as a consequence. I fear the worst for its condition tomorrow.
Dead right. The pitch was awful. Up to then we've had nowhere near as much rain as last winter when the pitch stayed superb throughout. If I were Brendan I'd be extremely concerned.

Is it because the ground staff have taken their eyes off the ball and concentrated too much on the new training pitches?

If the KP pitch is as bad tonight it could definitely have a bearing on the result and not in a good way for us.

Pundits are struggling to compute that we’re doing well again. Most bookies have Chelsea as the favourites, what with them being in a red hot run of form and that

There was a headline on the BBC website yesterday night - "Arsenal up to 10th with win."

It was either pandering to the "big six" crowd or it was written by a Spurs supporter.

Dead right. The pitch was awful. Up to then we've had nowhere near as much rain as last winter when the pitch stayed superb throughout. If I were Brendan I'd be extremely concerned.

Is it because the ground staff have taken their eyes off the ball and concentrated too much on the new training pitches?

If the KP pitch is as bad tonight it could definitely have a bearing on the result and not in a good way for us.

They reseeded the pitch 11 days before Saturday apparently.

That's my contribution to this debate.

Head-to-head

• Leicester are unbeaten in their past five league fixtures against Chelsea, their best such run for 20 years, although four of those encounters were drawn.
  • Chelsea have not lost any of their last seven league and cup matches at the King Power Stadium, winning five.
Leicester City

• Leicester are vying to begin a calendar year with three consecutive top-flight wins, a feat they last achieved in 1968.
  • The Foxes are unbeaten in five league matches (W3, D2), their longest such run since a nine-game sequence ended in December 2019.
  • Four of their five league losses this season have come at the King Power Stadium, equalling their total number of home defeats in 2019-20.
  • The Foxes have won each of the last 10 Premier League fixtures in which they scored the opening goal, including all nine this season.
  • Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers has beaten 33 of the 34 teams he has faced in the Premier League - Chelsea are the exception.
Chelsea

• The Blues are winless in five league games this season against the sides currently above them in the table, drawing two matches and losing three.
  • Chelsea scored 22 league goals in their opening nine games, outperforming their expected goals (xG) total by nearly nine - but in their subsequent nine fixtures they have underperformed by almost five goals, scoring 11 despite an xG of 15.7.
  • Chelsea could lose three consecutive midweek league fixtures for the first time since 2012.
  • Frank Lampard's side have scored 11 goals in the final 15 minutes of Premier League games this season - only Leicester and Manchester City, each with 12 goals, boast better records.
  • Timo Werner has gone 10 Premier League appearances without a goal, and has converted just 9.8% of his shots this season, his lowest figure in a top-flight campaign since 2015-16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263