Pre Match Leicester v Crystal Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we win this we’ll at least be six points clear of fifth and potentially six points clear of both 4th and 5th if Chelsea and West Ham draw. Which I’m only seeing as a much needed head start going into the last few games.

This will be a tough, physical encounter for sure. Roy Hodgson will ask his players to target our midfielders' legs. I predict we will pick up an injury or two in this one, and subsequently get pipped in inury time and lose 0-1. It's strange to me how Roy Hodgson always seems to be able to get teams out of trouble, but if they aren't in trouble, he's shit. Proper siege manager, an escape artist, whatever you want to call it. Why he can't convert that in times of less trouble is quite baffling.

This will be a tough, physical encounter for sure. Roy Hodgson will ask his players to target our midfielders' legs. I predict we will pick up an injury or two in this one, and subsequently get pipped in inury time and lose 0-1. It's strange to me how Roy Hodgson always seems to be able to get teams out of trouble, but if they aren't in trouble, he's shit. Proper siege manager, an escape artist, whatever you want to call it. Why he can't convert that in times of less trouble is quite baffling.
Palace definitely aren’t in trouble. Did you mean to unravel your own argument?

I hate Palace, I hope we ****ing smash em.

We haven't had the best record against them in recent years (mostly under Puel) but it's deckchair season for them and Woy is more focused on countering Benteke's chaos warriors than football these days. We'll tear through them like wet tissue paper

If we win this we’ll at least be six points clear of fifth and potentially six points clear of both 4th and 5th if Chelsea and West Ham draw. Which I’m only seeing as a much needed head start going into the last few games.

7 points clear of 5th if we win and one of them loses, which would be a great position to be in.

A draw for them to put us 6 points ahead of both looks tempting though...

7 points clear of 5th if we win and one of them loses, which would be a great position to be in.

A draw for them to put us 6 points ahead of both looks tempting though...
A Liverpool win would also put them on 56 points, so a win for either West Ham or Chelsea doesn't necessarily make it 7 points to 5th, should we win.

Nothing to see here

They are in the main absolutely bang average and on occasion have been truly ****ing awful

We will murder them

I can see the table by next Tuesday being (forget the top 2):

LCFC. 62
Chelsea. 56
Liverpool. 56
WHU. 56
Bottlers. 53
Everton. 52

That would be very nice indeed, with only 5 to play.

Sounds familiar. Are you testing us?

Biggest match of the season for me. Huge, huge game that we simply have to win.

If we win this, and the next two against Southampton and Newcastle, we’ll finish in the top 4.

Anything less than 7 points from those 3 matches, it’ll be squeaky bum time.

I’d like a repeat result of the corresponding fixture from last season please.

It looks like we've settled again, finding form and have a stable/established lineup, with a few bench options. (Flesh that bench out over summer and I'll like it even more)

If we get wins (I was going to say 'good performances' but, in honesty if we perform as we can then we win the next 3) then that'll give us the confidence to tackle a tricky final 3)

Since we're playing on friday I assume we'll have a similar plan to thursday's match - overwhelm them in the first half and then turn off the brakes a bit and play out the match in the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757