Pre Match Leicester v Doncaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Nobody in a rush to start this thread, i imagine were all deflated after another poor season. Although this is a relatively meaningless fixture im sure NP will be looking to asses whats required for next season and the players should certainly be up for a home game against the bottom of the league. We have been missing chances recently, lets hope we take some on Saturday.Idoubt Beckford will play so a chance for Schluupp to stake a claim and also a chance maybe for Vassell to be involved (where the fecks Waggy), King may also play some part. Lets finish the season on a high starting with a 3-0 win on Saturday (Nugent 2 Marshall.

Even though we are out of the play off hunt, I expect NP to go for as many wins as possible to secure his job. A poor run in won't fill the owners with much confidence that he is the right man to take us forward and I think there is already an element of pressure on him, with how he has reacted to Beckford at the end of the Peterborough match. Even though it is speculation about whether there is a spat or not, if there was nothing to discuss I'm sure he'd have told Stringer that there was no issue, so to say that the matter will be dealt privately means there is something to resolve.

How close is Vassell to full match fitness? I hope he gets some game time to put a case forward for a new contract. If he's still got the pace he'll be a good asset and I really think we've missed him this season out wide. However, if he's on a big salary, I think NP might look at him as an opportunity to cut the wage bill.

I really hope Beckford isn't dropped. If he is, I'll be really disappointed in Pearson and I might have to seriously rethink whether he deserves a pre season and another transfer window or not.

I really hope Beckford isn't dropped. If he is, I'll be really disappointed in Pearson and I might have to seriously rethink whether he deserves a pre season and another transfer window or not.

If you do have a rethink, be sure and let Nigel know what conclusions you've reached as soon as possible. It wouldn't be fair to leave him hanging. No matter what has happened in the past, I think you at least owe him that

If you do have a rethink, be sure and let Nigel know what conclusions you've reached as soon as possible. It wouldn't be fair to leave him hanging. No matter what has happened in the past, I think you at least owe him that

Haha :)

Last edited:
Although this is a relatively meaningless fixture.

Relativelt meaningless! How dare thee.
Have you not heard from the City camp, we're going to win all our remaining games and will be feared by all in the play offs!

Beckford will be the first name on the teamsheet IMO. I've decided not to share that with Nigel 'tho.

Last edited:
Relativelt meaningless! How dare thee.

But that's not what dpj said though, is it?

And where's yer question mark?

This will be the beginning of our amazing late surge to the promised land, about which minstrels will pen ballads, and which will be writ large in the annals of our great club.

We will win all of our remaining games and make the playoffs at a canter. Easy peasey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363