Thank **** I chose to give my tickets away today

Extraordinary. Diamond?

Schmeichel
Amartey Fofana Evans Castagne
Mendy
Tielemans Dewsbury-Hall
Perez
Iheanacho Daka

What exactly is this lineup meant to accomplish strategically?

It doesn’t blood any talent for next season, it’s filled with players that are likely to leave this summer, and somehow still feels half-baked and unlikely to be good enough to win.

What a ****ing bizarre 11.

It doesn’t blood any talent for next season, it’s filled with players that are likely to leave this summer, and somehow still feels half-baked and unlikely to be good enough to win.

Yeah but apparently a dozen other teams fans wish they had BR in charge to pick an equally bizarre 11 for them this weekend.

Experimenting with a different formation?

Giving fringe players a chance to show they should be kept for next season (or to show prospective new clubs what they can do)?

I would have preferred to go as strong as possible today, and experiment against Norwich.
But maybe fitness levels have led to some players being left out.

Justin, Ricardo and Maddison being left out completely suggests they're injured. Or maybe they have covid.

Vardy is not going to last for ever.
Daka has been rubbish up front by himself.

So it makes sense to play Daka and Iheanacho as a front two.

If we play 4-4-2 it leaves us light in central midfield.

So it makes sense to try 4-3-1-2.

The obvious player to play behind the front two is Maddison. But if he's not available it makes sense to play
Perez in that position.

With the exception of Fofana, Evans and KDH, that doesn’t strike me as a group of players who will cope particularly well with a shithouse Everton side.

On the other hand with Perez and Nacho starting Daka might actually get some service instead of just having to run around like a toddler at a birthday party.

I actually assumed we'd go 2 up front for the rest of the season so expected to have Vardy and Nacho up front for the remaining games but I'm not sure what this formation is

Could it be a 3-5-2? Castagne LWB, Perez RWB and KDH in the middle? Not sure. But diamond seems weird too.

If it's trying stuff for next season, I'm surprised to see Mendy and not Soumare

With the exception of Fofana, Evans and KDH, that doesn’t strike me as a group of players who will cope particularly well with a shithouse Everton side.

On the other hand with Perez and Nacho starting Daka might actually get some service instead of just having to run around like a toddler at a birthday party.
Perez is a great shithouser. One of his strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263