Pre Match Leicester v Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying nought until I know the Justin situation... was he in NSYNC (yes boc, I had to google too) or not.

The thought of having to decide between Thomas (relative inexperience) and Fuchs (too slow and tendency to the rash) is not something I want at this point. And fortunately don't have to do. I don't know in short but fear a complete rejig that will indeed see Justin in goal.

If Justin is out, his replacement has to be the person least likely to give away a penalty to Salah.

Fuchs to me is more likely to brain fart than Thomas.

A rested Fuchs can do a job. We had a run there in which every time he started, we won.

The problem is when he has to play more than once a week. He can’t manage that anymore.

A rested Fuchs can do a job.
It's the kind of job he might do that concerns me! He can be, um, 'robust' shall we say.

I'm inclined to agree with BN, Sala's going to torment either Fuchs or Thomas but Thomas is less likely to give away the penalty. But I'm hoping (against hope?) that Justin will be fit and able.

Castagne is meant to be back for this isn't he, our (pre season) first choice back 4 might actually play together for the first time

Head-to-head

• Liverpool have won 12 of the past 17 league meetings, including six of the most recent seven.
  • Leicester have lost their last three home league matches against the Reds.
  • The Foxes' most recent victory was 3-1 in February 2017.
Leicester City

• Leicester have only managed one win and four points in four league matches.
  • The Foxes have lost five home league games in 2020-21, one more than the whole of last season.
  • Only 16 of their 43 points have come at home.
  • They are looking to keep three successive league clean sheets for the first time since a run of four in November 2019.
  • Their sole loss in four matches against fellow clubs currently in the top five came in November's 3-0 defeat at Liverpool.
  • Leicester have been awarded a league-high 10 penalties, scoring eight of them.
  • James Maddison has been involved in six goals in his six most recent home league appearances, scoring four and setting up two.
Liverpool

• It's five defeats in nine competitive matches for Liverpool in 2021. They have won three times and drawn once.
  • Liverpool have lost successive league fixtures for the first time under Jurgen Klopp - they have not lost three in a row since November 2014, under current Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers.
  • The Reds have won just six of their past 17 away league games, in contrast to 16 victories in their previous 17 attempts.
  • Liverpool have only scored eight goals in nine Premier League matches since beating Crystal Palace 7-0.
  • They have won their last 12 top-flight games against former Reds managers, doing so by an aggregate score of 39-8.
  • Klopp's side have conceded a joint league-high seven penalties.

Referee: Anthony Taylor.
Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn.
Fourth official: Lee Mason.
VAR: Stuart Attwell.
Assistant VAR: Mark Scholes.

I'm not so sure. They're not firing on all 4 (or 6, or 8, or whatever) If there ever was a time to play them...

We're definitely in with a shout imo but it'll be a real test of our self-belief etc.

It’ll be a typical performance against Liverpool.

We’ll set us as scaredy cats, shit the bed, bend over and get royally bummed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757