Pre Match Leicester v Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
with Castagne not ready I think it'll be this

1840155_Leicester_City.jpg

It's difficult to see many other options. That's there or there arounds imo.
yeah personally I wouldn't play a back 3 I'd just start Thomas at left back and play Albrighton in a 4231, no need to be scared of this Liverpool team right now

They'll absolutely murder us if we play with a back three, imo but there you go

I'd play 4 at the back. Thomas at left back. The only other option is to move Ricky to left back and play Amarty at right back.

SkyBet boosted Salah to have a shot on target. It's at Evens. If enough of us bet on it, surely it won't happen.

I honestly don't get the 'they always do' and 'we roll over' kind of arguments. Each game is a different game, with different players, different circumstances and context.

Liverpool are, by their standards, struggling; struggling with players out and form. We have seen they are beatable at the moment. OK, we're not at full strength ourselves but even so, we're a match for them. I'm not expecting us to be intimidated, and hopefully neither will Rodgers be. I reckon we can play our own game with confidence and take it to them.

SkyBet boosted Salah to have a shot on target. It's at Evens. If enough of us bet on it, surely it won't happen.

Holy **** flaps, evens.

Buying money

Thanks, shame the maximum bet is a tenner.

Big decisions today. If we go 3 at the back at home then we are going to need an attritional low scoring game.
If we go 4213 it'll imply we are going at them confidently and have confidence in whoever is playing left back.
He can't play VDC at right back against Mane. I don't think he can put Amartey up against him either. So the choice is either Fuchs or Thomas at LB
Liverpool weakness is at centre half and DCM cureently so we need to get maddison the wrong side of their DCM and Barnes, Vardy +1 right in the face of their back four from the off.
Not a basket ball match but committing enough men forward rather than playing on the break.
Personally I'd play a front 3 with Iheanacho as they won't be expecting it.

Schmeichel
Pereira Evans Soyuncu Fuchs
Ndidi Tielemans
Maddison
Iheanacho Vardy Barnes

People rightly mention Salah but, quite honestly, it is Mane that scares me. Whoever plays at RB is going to have a torrid time, and Amartey is a bit shaky at the best of times.

Last edited:
Since his come back i don't think Amarty has does much wrong however he made his name in the national side as center half.
We won't get much going forward from him but that might work well against Mane.

WTF are you on about?

Ricardo will play at right back (or right wing back)

We'd never put Amartey there

I could see Albrighton starting on the right. Sure, he has his brain fart moments in defence but he is generally pretty good; he tracks back and gets involved/in the way. I'm concerned Ricardo is not yet up to speed, lacks match practice etc. If we go wingbacks, I suspect we'll be targeted behind them both sides but particularly the right. Amartey could be in for a torrid time, whilst Soyuncu will emit his zen like calm, chew his gum and Cruyff-turn his way to £100M transfer in the summer.

WTF are you on about? Ricardo will play at right back (or right wing back) We'd never put Amartey there

No, I'm not suggesting we will. But he could possibly be the right centre back. As I said above, I reckon he'll be facing Mane more than he'd like. I've noticed in a number of recent games that the opposition likes cross field diagonal balls in behind our wingbacks, particularly our right. Whether it's a perceived weakness or a common tactic against all sides playing 3/5 at the back, I don't know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758