Match Thread Leicester v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats got to be a back 3 of Evans, Morgan and Justin. Thomas and Albrighton as wing backs, Wilf and Youri in the middle, Perez a bit in front and then Nachos and Vardiniho up front?

EDIT - sure that said Perez to begin with?? Hamza behind the middle two in that case.

Thats got to be a back 3 of Evans, Morgan and Justin. Thomas and Albrighton as wing backs, Wilf and Youri in the middle, Perez a bit in front and then Nachos and Vardiniho up front?
Perez a bit in front of the bench, you mean?

Seems we're going to sit back then and all be hoping on Wolves.

Either that or a smash and grab at the end.

3-4-1-2 with Tielemans further forward behind the front 2 I guess?

I agree with getting the extra midfielder in, and I think Hamza will be giving a job to do of man marking Bruno Fernandes.

But I'm surprised we've stuck with 3 at the back.

Really worried about support/service for the front 2 with this system and no Perez/Barnes behind the strikers.

I think this is the wrong choice.

I think we're going to try and keep it tight then push for a goal later, but not sure it's the right move.

Christ, I'm nervous for this!

We have to play 3 at the back with the options we have, without the extra cover we would be ripped apart, just need to play deeper than the last game.

Choudhury's energy and willingness means he helps out at the back, even covering the full back positions. Might allow Albrighton and Thomas to concentrate more on getting forward. If they don't get forward enough we will be very blunt in attack.

Hamza's energy and ball winning will be useful and let Youri save some energy to be more creative, he's been looking shot after an hour having to do everything lately

A slightly more defensive and back foot selection that I would have anticipated. Whether that's the right or wrong selection, time alone will tell. We have attacking options on the bench so at least we can change shape/gear.

I guess the thinking is to keep it tight, stay in the game and look to play Vardy/Nacho in when we get the chance. In fairness, given how negative I'm feeling, it's a team selection and game plan that speaks to me.

Edit:

3-4-1-2 with Tielemans further forward behind the front 2 I guess?

That'd be my guess too.

shut down Bruno Fernandez you pretty much shut down United, I guess that's what the selection of Wilf and Hamza is about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757