Pre Match Leicester v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Nose

Another opportunity to show up against a Man Utd team this Saturday, with a 12.30pm kick off live on BT Sports.

Man Utd have won their last 9 successive away PL matches, which includes that critical match at the end of last season where we bottled it for a place in the Champions League.

Despite their undoubted vulnerabilities, it looks like they will be one point behind us coming into this match with a game in hand. They are without a doubt one of the teams we are competing with for a top four finish.

Our record against Man Utd since we came back up in 2014 is shocking. Since that initial 5-3 win, we've played 11, drawn 3 and lost 8. Considering how weak they have been in many of those encounters, we definitely have an issue when we face them.

The only time we have previously played Man Utd on Boxing Day was in 1938. We lost 3-0 at Old Trafford.

In terms of team selection, BR has said that Soyuncu will be available for either this game or the Palace one two days later. I'd expect BR to do what he did last season and make a pretty complete rotation between the two Xmas fixtures.

Today's game looks like the one to keep Ole in a job this week. Those games are usually followed by some superb clowning around. Stick 3-0 to us on as a bet, 3 own goals for Maguire.

They are currently giving Leeds a right good seeing to.

Leeds are like Keegan's Newcastle but a fair bit shitter.

BR will probably rotate all 10 outfield players for the two Xmas games. He rotated 9 of the 10 outfield players in the two matches last season. So, something like this maybe?

Line up for Man Utd:

Schmeichel, Justin, Fofana, Evans, Castagne, Ndidi, Tielemans, Praet, Perez, Vardy, Barnes

Line up for Palace:

Schmeichel, Amartey, Soyuncu, Fuchs, Albrighton, Mendy, Choudhury, Thomas, Maddison, Under, Iheanacho

BR will probably rotate all 10 outfield players for the two Xmas games. He rotated 9 of the 10 outfield players in the two matches last season. So, something like this maybe?

Line up for Man Utd:

Schmeichel, Justin, Fofana, Evans, Castagne, Ndidi, Tielemans, Praet, Perez, Vardy, Barnes

Line up for Palace:

Schmeichel, Amartey, Soyuncu, Fuchs, Albrighton, Mendy, Choudhury, Thomas, Maddison, Under, Iheanacho
Probably the best squad of 21 players Leicester have had in their entire history.
The only weak player is Iheanacho and he still scores somehow...

I think it will be more or less an unchanged team.

Could potentially see Praet come in though, but would prefer the same team if we can

And Man U do have one against Everton on the 23rd... obviously they'll field their youth team but it still gives them more to deal with.
I’m not sure I agree with that. Ole will be desperate to put a trophy in that cabinet. I think he’ll be realistic about whether they can win the league. Can see them going for the Carabao.

Man U appear to have turned a corner and that's a testament to sticking with their manager through some turbulence. We've not had the best of times against them even when they've been shit. Hopefully we can remind Harry McSlabhead how shit he is...

Difficult to call. Both teams can be shite. On paper, a neutral would probably favour them. I don't want to call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363