Pre Match Leicester v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronaldo is a great player. However, when they signed him I said he'd make Man Utd worse and I stand by that. He is forcing them to change their style of play and the goals/contributions from other attacking players have dropped off significantly since he arrived.

I'd much rather face a Man Utd side with Ronaldo in it, than one without him in it.
I wouldn't say he makes them worse, he just doesn't improve them.

Like you say, Utd have to change the way they play to accomodate him.

If you actually look at the numbers, despite all the mind boggling goalscoring stats, his conversion rate over his career is only just above average. He's just always played in teams that attack relentlessly, dominate games & create a ton of chances.

Doesn't really sound like Solskjaer's "why play a holding midfielder when you can play two" philosophy.

Still, all that said, we're still probably going to get buggered senseless which is intensely annoying. Shouldn't be happening.

Varane and Maguire out is a nice bonus. They will be shit defensively, but so will we. I expect Cristiano Ronaldo will be the key difference......

Varane and Maguire out is a nice bonus. They will be shit defensively, but so will we. I expect Cristiano Ronaldo will be the key difference......
Other than Vardy, Nacho and Castagne we will be shit everywhere, I'll still go and cheer Leicester on though and then slag them off on here when we get bummed

From this video, no sign of Evans training. I didn't see Vardy or Maddison either which is a bit of a worry.

Amartey and Vestergaard also missing but they've both been away, although all the other internationals seemed to be there. No video of the keepers.

No Justin (I did wonder whether he'd be in training yet) and Fofana and Ndidi obviously.

Scrub the above comment.

In the still pictures from training, it was clear that Vardy, Maddison AND Evans were training.

Schmeichel
Castagne Soyuncu Evans Bertrand
Ricardo Tielemans Soumare Lookman
Iheanacho Vardy

Subs: Ward, Vestergaard, Albrighton, Dewsbury-Hall, Choudhury, Barnes, Maddison, Daka, Perez

No Justin (I did wonder whether he'd be in training yet) and Fofana and Ndidi obviously.

[
This is from an article in the Merc this week (whatever that’s worth):

Return date: October.

What Rodgers has said: He’s still a number of weeks away,” Rodgers said. “He’s been working so hard, mornings into evenings, he's giving everything to get back.

"There’s maybe another four to five weeks we would say, but he's doing very well."

Any other info: Justin has been pictured training on the grass with the rest of his teammates ahead of his planned return to full training

Evans is likely to play. Vestergaard has come back from international duty with a knock which is being assessed.

No other injury issues aside from the obvious.

Looking at every possible combination of defence we have........we're going to get heavily dry bummed

Looking at every possible combination of defence we have........we're going to get heavily dry bummed
What is wrong with...

Castagne
Evans
Soyuncu
Ricardo

If we have Evans available and fit (not just playing because he's less injured than someone else) then I instantly have more faith in our backline.

We were perfectly happy with a backline featuring Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu before. Castagne at left back should be fine, or Bertrand might even do better if the centre backs are performing better.

Evans not only enhances the defence, he enhances the whole damn team. Come on you vaginas!

How can he be match fit?

Everybody seems to need a bit of optimism.

So you'll be pleased to know that I've had my first bet of the season. Vardy hattrick tomorrow is 45/1.

Lump on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758