Leicester v Manchester Utd FA Cup Quarter Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, them too, and the big teams.

No way can you say Man Utd are shite unfortunately.

Their defence may be a bit suspect at times but the rest of their team is top quality imo.

You may get a lucky start to the season and be up there after a few games, but 2nd after 23 games is not luck.

Tough draw but certainly not unwinnable and its bound to get tough at this stage.

Man U have significantly progressed over 12 months. It is a tough draw, but we are no means 2nd best.

That was the league game. The FA Cup game was in February. I only know this as I googled it last night.
Ignore the date on it.
You not watched it then as Gerald Sinstadt certainly thinks it's the Cup tie and following our game there is another Tie of Stoke vs Sunderland

Ignore the date on it.
You not watched it then as Gerald Sinstadt certainly thinks it's the Cup tie and following our game there is another Tie of Stoke vs Sunderland
Ah ok. The date is when we played them in the league. I only checked as I wondering if it was in my lifetime.

Ignore the date on it.
tbf it took almost superhuman strength to get past Gerry Sinstadt's plaid jacket and polo neck sweater combo.

You don't get TV like that anymore
Gerald had his Stylist doing overtime for that combo
If you get to the end he interviews Alex Stepney - who unfortunately had the game of his life - and looks like its somewhere in the depths of the old Main Stand outside the toilets.

Remember listening to this game on the radio when I was a uni student - up in Manchester. Gutted.
Where's Stato? Have we ever had more players on the pitch with surnames starting with the same letter (e.g. "W") than that?!

Have we ever had more players on the pitch with surnames starting with the same letter (e.g. "W") than that?!
Yes.

In the next few seasons we had more Ws, the likes of Webb, White, Williams, Waddle, Welsh.

I've found 6 in the same game.

8th April 1978, away at Liverpool, the team was Wallington, Whitworth, Williams, Woollett, Sims, Webb, White, Hughes, Smith, Goodwin, Salmons

Last edited:
Yes.

In the next few seasons we had more Ws, the likes of Webb, White, Williams, Waddle, Welsh.

I've found 6 in the same game.

8th April 1978, away at Liverpool, the team was Wallington, Whitworth, Williams, Woollett, Sims, Webb, White, Hughes, Smith, Goodwin, Salmons
Jeff - you're a marvel!

Remember listening to this game on the radio when I was a uni student - up in Manchester. Gutted.
Where's Stato? Have we ever had more players on the pitch with surnames starting with the same letter (e.g. "W") than that?!

Just reminded me that at the time we'd discovered the tactic of having Alan Woollett to "do a Pontus", which I think he was trying on Steve Coppell in this match. Also, it must have been about the time when I was going out with a lass who was completely infatuated with Gordon Hill.

A lot of things didn't end well in the 1970s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757