Pre Match Leicester v Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspect we will see some changes, full debuts for Daka, Soumare and Lookman.

Kasper

Ricardo
Evans
Vestergaard
Bertrand

Soumare
Ndidi

Lookman
Nacho
Perez
Daka

Schmeichel,

Ricardo Evans Vestegaard Bertrand

Ndidi
Soumare Dewsbury-Hall
Lookman

Daka Ihenacho

Suspect we will see some changes, full debuts for Daka, Soumare and Lookman.

Kasper

Ricardo
Evans
Vestergaard
Bertrand

Soumare
Ndidi

Lookman
Nacho
Perez
Daka

I think this will be close but with Soyuncu instead of Vestergaard/Evans (which one depends on fitness), and Barnes instead of Perez (we will want Barnes to play to gain more match sharpness).

Maybe also Ward instead of Kasper. Not sure I'd make that change but feel like Ward might be given cup games and Europe.

For the Napoli game:

Ward
Castagne Amartey Evans Thomas
Soumare Dewsbury-Hall
Perez Maddison Barnes
Daka

In other words, 11 players that shouldn't be starting against Brighton (Schmeichel, Ricardo, Vestergaard, Soyuncu, Bertrand, Ndidi, Tielemans, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Lookman, Vardy).

For the Napoli game:

Ward
Castagne Amartey Evans Thomas
Soumare Dewsbury-Hall
Perez Maddison Barnes
Daka

In other words, 11 players that shouldn't be starting against Brighton (Schmeichel, Ricardo, Vestergaard, Soyuncu, Bertrand, Ndidi, Tielemans, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Lookman, Vardy).
Why do you believe in putting the Europa League in the bin?

genuine question.

Why do you believe in putting the Europa League in the bin?

genuine question.

I don't. I think people are massively overrating the quality of this group. Two teams are dogshit and Napoli will make plenty of changes.

I know it means another round by finishing second in the group but that is worth it rather than mismanaging our squad again.

Even so, the side I'd go with are perfectly capable of beating Napoli.

I don't. I think people are massively overrating the quality of this group. Two teams are dogshit and Napoli will make plenty of changes.

I know it means another round by finishing second in the group but that is worth it rather than mismanaging our squad again.

Ah, that is the root of our disagreement. I think it’s a difficult group, and that Napoli should be put in front of Brighton on the priority list.

I’m very down on our ability to crack the top four this season. For me the Europa League represents a better chance at a return.

So we’re concerned about the number of matches but are preferring to add more matches into the mix?

So we’re concerned about the number of matches but are preferring to add more matches into the mix?

Yes, I want us to rotate our squad for six matches even if it means we get an extra two in Feb. It's about managing a large group of players through multiple challenges in a long season.

I still think we'll win the group. Napoli will prioritise the league too.

Yes, I want us to rotate our squad for six matches even if it means we get an extra two in Feb. It's about managing a large group of players through multiple challenges in a long season.

I still think we'll win the group. Napoli will prioritise the league too.
Napoli are better than Brighton

I’d drop Maddison and Barnes out for being woefully out of form, and rest Vestegaard and Tielemans considering they look knackered.

Schmeichel

Ricardo / Evans / Soyuncu / Thomas

Ndidi / Dewsbury-Hall

Perez / Iheanacho / Lookman

Vardy

What are we saving players for? It's pretty much universally accepted on here that we won't make the top four. Even if we did, from the evidence in this thread, some people would still want us to play a second string in the CL so what would be the point?

Okay, so let's say we save players so we can finish 5th. Again, why? So we can bin off the EL at the earliest opportunity next season to complete the cycle of madness?

If we are going to treat European football with such contempt then we may as well not bother with trying to finish in the top 6 and instead throw every resource at the FA Cup every year. I get that we have a squad for a reason but some of the lineups proposed against a team who came from behind to beat Juve at the weekend, are akin to throwing the match.

Some of you have been ruined.

Can't imagine its going to impress Tielemans being rested for a prestigious game against Napoli. Qualifying for Europes still an achievement and i doubt the senior players will like being dropped in the more glamorous ties.

Can't imagine its going to impress Tielemans being rested for a prestigious game against Napoli. Qualifying for Europes still an achievement and i doubt the senior players will like being dropped in the more glamorous ties.
The juxtaposition between posters saying 'Tielemans will leave us. He wants CL football' etc... and 'Let's leave out Tielemans from our EL team' is bonkers isn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757