Pre Match Leicester v Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
The juxtaposition between posters saying 'Tielemans will leave us. He wants CL football' etc... and 'Let's leave out Tielemans from our EL team' is bonkers isn't it.

Yep. Napoli is just about the biggest tie you can get in this competition bar one of the really big clubs dropping down. Whilst our strongest 11 is debatable within a few positions, senior players being dropped for a squad player won't go down well imo.

Can't imagine its going to impress Tielemans being rested for a prestigious game against Napoli. Qualifying for Europes still an achievement and i doubt the senior players will like being dropped in the more glamorous ties.
He looks like he needs a year off.

He looked like Adrian Silva yesterday.

I'm not advocating full scale changes. I'm making the point that we've spent a significant amount of money on players not currently making the starting 11. They need games. Vardy for Daka is an obvious change imo. Rest a key striker, give our new young great hope some game time.
I do agree with this.

We’ve spent all of our money this summer on improving our strength in depth rather than our starting eleven. Let’s use it.

But saying that, I’d rather half the first team and half rested against Napoli. And the same against Brighton.

How about we start against Napoli with the strongest 11 possible and then rest players for the Brighton game.

Rest Vardy and Tilemans against Brighton, play Daka and Soumare it's Brighton ffs not Chelsea.

If we beat Napoli and drew with Brighton I'd consider that 2 good results, if we beat Brighton whilst rotating the squad then it's an excellent result.

I'd rather finish 8th and win the Europa Cup than bin the Europa Cup at the 1st hurdle and finish 5th in the league.

We have won the League, F a cup League Cup and charity shield in my lifetime I would love Leicester to win a European Cup

Would that be the Brighton that are currently in fourth place and three points ahead of us or another one?
Yeah that Brighton that beat Burnley, Watford and Brentford to get there. It's 4 games in ffs, I bet you thought Spurs were going to win the league because they won their 1st 3 games and were top of the league going into the international break.
Leicester should take a minimum of a point whomever they pick

I'm torn on this one, as we need to work as a squad rather than a first XI this season more than we have done in the past; that's been our downfall the last couple of seasons, and now that we've got that stronger team we need to rotate more throughout the season.

The double edged sword that comes with a stronger squad is also making sure they all get game time, and that we will have players less willing to sit on the bench.

I dont want us to bin off the EL, but it's also where teams do tend to rotate.

For me its about balancing a strong team with some rotation of players who havent had a look in yet and others who still need minutes to find fitness and form.

With that in mind, I'd go with something like

Kasper
Castagne, Soyuncu, Vester/Evans, Thomas
Soumare, Ndidi
Lookman, Nacho, Barnes
Daka

The one I feel most strongly about is Nacho must start this game, otherwise what's the reward for him playing well?

I don't see Vardy being left out he's worked his way up through the leagues and this season could be his last in European football if Leicester don't qualify at the end of the season.
A game vs Napoli would be the stuff of dreams for him, be a brave manager to drop him

There is a difference between rotating sensibly across the EL group matches and going all out to play a weakened side in our home match against the other strongest side in the group. A loss on Thursday and we’ll have less luxury to rotate later on. We need to play a side to win, that doesn’t necessarily mean the XI from Saturday of course.

...I bet you thought Spurs were going to win the league because they won their 1st 3 games and were top of the league going into the international break...
Where the **** did you get that from? If you look at the "Premier League" thread you will see my feelings about Tottenham.

Yeah that Brighton that beat Burnley, Watford and Brentford to get there

And we've beaten who? My point is that this won't be an easy game, they have won three out of their four games, will be full of confidence and will be out to put one over on one of the "bigger" clubs. Will you start complaining if Leicester don't win by three or four goals?

Where the **** did you get that from? If you look at the "Premier League" thread you will see my feelings about Tottenham.
It's obvious where I got that from you said Brighton were ahead of us and they have only played 4 games so going by your logical analysis Spurs winning 3 out of 3 must mean they are superb and will win all their games.
And we've beaten who? My point is that this won't be an easy game, they have won three out of their four games, will be full of confidence and will be out to put one over on one of the "bigger" clubs. Will you start complaining if Leicester don't win by three or four goals?
They have beaten 2 teams from the championship and a poor Burnley side, Everton beat them comfortably at the Amex, we are better than All these teams so should be able to get a result.
Like I've said I would prefer we beat Napoli with our strongest team and rotated against Brighton.
What is the point in qualifying for European football and then deliberately going out in the group stage ?
So we concentrate on finishing 5th again to then bin off the competition we wanted to qualify for..... Madness.

I'd be happy with a 0-0 draw if we beat Napoli

Anyway regarding the game, i cant wait to see us in European action again after missing out last year. The champions league nights we're amazing if i forget my away trip to Porto.

Go balls out in Europe we have the strength in depth to cope. Daka must surely start with Nacho put Vardy on the bench and play him in the last 20 mins if needed

Will there be away fans in the stadium for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757