Pre Match Leicester v Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny thing, I was at a volleyball tournament elsewhere in the state at the beginning of the 15/16 season and I got talking to the father of a girl playing there. He was asking me about Britain and if I liked "soccer" and what team I supported, when I told him he said he did too. Turned out that he'd been watching the PL for a number of years but didn't actually follow a club but when the great escape started gaining momentum he latched onto Leicester and decided that was the team he wanted to support.

Hope you punched him

****ing plastic

No, someone who has no connection to Leicester being a Leicester supporter.
I've spent most of my life living near Birmingham. Still had myself a season ticket for the past 22 years

No, someone who has no connection to Leicester being a Leicester supporter.
I grew up in London and have spent the second half of my life in the States. My father grew up in Ireland and then spent the majority of his life in London. You couldn't find two more passionate supporters of Leicester City than the two of us. You do not have to be from a place to have a genuine love for their football team.

I've spent most of my life living near Birmingham. Still had myself a season ticket for the past 22 years
Great grandfather was from Leicester, he watched Leicester from 1884 he moved to Margate in 1907 he had 2 sons they had 4 sons and those last 4 had 8 children between them 1 of which is me, some of the family still live in Margate and watch Leicester but none of our family has lived in Leicester since 1917, there has been season tickets in our family for over 40 years 2 currently me and my Dad.

These are the points I was trying to make. You don't actually have to be from the city/town/area to be a fan. However there is a difference between jumping on the bandwagon of a successful team and actually investing yourself in your support through thick and thin.

The bloke I was referring to had some pretty good football knowledge and started following Leicester because he wanted to follow what he regarded as a non glamourous club and didn't like supporting a team just because they won everything. It was in stark contrast to a neighbour I had when I lived in Reading who was a Man. Utd. fan who had never been to a game.

Yeah you’d hate for our support to grow.
There are many reasons to support a club from a city you don't live in, but if after the super league business, not to mention years of hating plastics, you still think "I'd love it if Leicester became another soulless marketing entity with a load of american people beginning to support us because we've done well in recent years", I don't know what to tell you.

Supporting a club is old hat. Quite a few people nowadays support players....

These are the points I was trying to make. You don't actually have to be from the city/town/area to be a fan. However there is a difference between jumping on the bandwagon of a successful team and actually investing yourself in your support through thick and thin.

The bloke I was referring to had some pretty good football knowledge and started following Leicester because he wanted to follow what he regarded as a non glamourous club and didn't like supporting a team just because they won everything. It was in stark contrast to a neighbour I had when I lived in Reading who was a Man. Utd. fan who had never been to a game.
I was brought up in London, but chose Leicester as a 'non-glamourous' club to support after seeing them lose to Man U in the cup final in 1963 (aged 12). Of course it was complete co-incidence that I went to Leicester University 6 years later, and was able to watch all their home matches for the next 6 years!

There are many reasons to support a club from a city you don't live in, but if after the super league business, not to mention years of hating plastics, you still think "I'd love it if Leicester became another soulless marketing entity with a load of american people beginning to support us because we've done well in recent years", I don't know what to tell you.
Nah this is a load of shite

And yet I'm the one accused of moralising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757