Pre Match Leicester v Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many reasons to support a club from a city you don't live in, but if after the super league business, not to mention years of hating plastics, you still think "I'd love it if Leicester became another soulless marketing entity with a load of american people beginning to support us because we've done well in recent years", I don't know what to tell you.
We wouldn't want to enjoy the success of a Liverpool, Chelsea, or Man City if it meant gaining any extra fans outside of a limited geographical area. I'd add that any fans we've gained in Thailand in the ln the last 5/6 years can sod off too. Good job we've failed to reach the Champions League in the last two seasons, cos' that's watched all over the world.

What are we saving players for? It's pretty much universally accepted on here that we won't make the top four. Even if we did, from the evidence in this thread, some people would still want us to play a second string in the CL so what would be the point?

Okay, so let's say we save players so we can finish 5th. Again, why? So we can bin off the EL at the earliest opportunity next season to complete the cycle of madness?

If we are going to treat European football with such contempt then we may as well not bother with trying to finish in the top 6 and instead throw every resource at the FA Cup every year. I get that we have a squad for a reason but some of the lineups proposed against a team who came from behind to beat Juve at the weekend, are akin to throwing the match.

Some of you have been ruined.
Brilliant post and absolutely spot on. This isn't the League Cup or even FA Cup. This is bloody European football. I think this should be our priority. We're better than at least 10 teams in the Premier League so I'm confident we'll finish at least in the top 10 and as long as we have a real go at the EL, I'm content with a top half finish.

I've spent most of my life living near Birmingham. Still had myself a season ticket for the past 22 years
I was born in rural leicestershire but moved to greater Manchester 3 years ago. I can't see myself living anywhere else now, I love it up here. I'm still a huge Leicester fan even though I'm taking my son to watch Manchester City at the weekend (he is also definitely a Leicester fan). Work that one out!

I'm still a huge Leicester fan even though I'm taking my son to watch Manchester City at the weekend (he is also definitely a Leicester fan). Work that one out!

You need to work that one out. Judas

I was born in rural leicestershire but moved to greater Manchester 3 years ago. I can't see myself living anywhere else now, I love it up here. I'm still a huge Leicester fan even though I'm taking my son to watch Manchester City at the weekend (he is also definitely a Leicester fan). Work that one out!
Is it because Man City can barely even give tickets away?

Is that the same idea as in an early episode of Breaking Bad when Hank takes Walt Jr. to a motel car park to meet a meth addict prostitute to put him off ever taking drugs?

Is it because Man City can barely even give tickets away?
Yep, getting tickets was a piece of piss. Its his 11th birthday this weekend and I wanted to take him to a Leicester game but it isn't possible over the next few weeks. I've settled for a Man City game as he's never been to the Etihad.

To add, I love it when he goes school on non school uniform days. All of the Man United and Man City shirts and then this one lad in his FA cup winning Leicester kit.

Is that the same idea as in an early episode of Breaking Bad when Hank takes Walt Jr. to a motel car park to meet a meth addict prostitute to put him off ever taking drugs?
I guess it could be. Though we can still both appreciate great talent and enjoy a dirty burger.

Who or how anyone else supports Leicester has no bearing on my own support. If people from elsewhere want to get in on the feel good factor, who cares. Ill still support and attend in my own way. Some of our very own born and bred diehards are far worse anyway.

Supporting a club is old hat. Quite a few people nowadays support players....
I did consider moving my allegiance to Molineux when the Doog made his journey across the Midlands. In fact I set off to see him at Huddersfield on Easter Monday not long after his departure - City didn't have a game that day. The usually reliable thumb did not prove so trustworthy that day and I only got as far as Barnsley where I watched the home team beat Halifax 4-1. The following day I watched City beat the Manchester club with a similar name and decided Filbert Street was a better option.

We wouldn't want to enjoy the success of a Liverpool, Chelsea, or Man City if it meant gaining any extra fans outside of a limited geographical area. I'd add that any fans we've gained in Thailand in the ln the last 5/6 years can sod off too. Good job we've failed to reach the Champions League in the last two seasons, cos' that's watched all over the world.
I wouldn't want to enjoy the success of those clubs if it meant becoming a super league wanker team with a load of plastic fans. I like seeing us win by playing fair and being a likeable club.

I wouldn't want to enjoy the success of those clubs if it meant becoming a super league wanker team with a load of plastic fans. I like seeing us win by playing fair and being a likeable club.

Seeing as we're finding it pretty tough to sell out the home end for tomorrow, I think we need all the fans we can get.

I'd rather a plastic fan sitting next to me than an empty plastic seat.

Seeing as we're finding it pretty tough to sell out the home end for tomorrow, I think we need all the fans we can get.

Leicester need to get new supporters from somewhere or else when that stadium expansion happens there's going to be more empty seats, if Joe bloggs that has no affiliation to Leicester can take his son/daughter to a game of football I would rather he brought 2 tickets than 2 empty seats.

A friend of mine that lives in Lutterworth but supporters Brentford is going tomorrow because he wants to witness European Football live

The club are utterly abysmal at telling people there are tickets available.

These are on general sale now, why are they not telling people through local media sources?

Also, £40 is a bit of a piss take for a game they can't even sell out.

Man city have plenty of plastic fans and yet the record attendance at their stadium is still when we pumped them 3-1.

The club are utterly abysmal at telling people there are tickets available.

These are on general sale now, why are they not telling people through local media sources?

Also, £40 is a bit of a piss take for a game they can't even sell out.
Just had an email from the club offering me tickets to friends and family at season ticket holders rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757