Pre Match Leicester V Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

camberwell fox

This one is being played on Friday the 12th, 8.00pm kick off.

Under the lights always feels a bit special to me and always enjoy the atmosphere of night games.

Below are our recent results v Newcastle since 2014.

Really looking forward to this one as it is my first visit to King Power this season and only my boy's third visit.

Be nice to get a healthy win and make it 5 in a row.

18 Oct 2014Newcastle United v Leicester CityL1-0Premier League
03 Jan 2015Leicester City v Newcastle UnitedW1-0FA Cup
02 May 2015Leicester City v Newcastle UnitedW3-0Premier League
21 Nov 2015Newcastle United v Leicester CityW0-3Premier League
14 Mar 2016Leicester City v Newcastle UnitedW1-0Premier League
09 Dec 2017Newcastle United v Leicester CityW2-3Premier League
07 Apr 2018Leicester City v Newcastle UnitedL1-2Premier League
29 Sep 2018Newcastle United v Leicester CityW0-2Premier League

Leicester City have won five of their last six league encounters with Newcastle United (L1) – as many as they’d won in their previous 29 (W5 D8 L16).

Newcastle United are looking to win consecutive away games against Leicester in the top-flight for the first time since September 1959 under Charlie Mitten.

Newcastle have failed to find the net in six of their last 10 Premier League away games versus Leicester, scoring just six goals.

Leicester have played more Premier League games on a Friday without a victory than any other side in the competition (P6 W0 D2 L4). Meanwhile, Newcastle have lost more Premier League games on Friday than any other side (6).

Leicester have won their last three home Premier League games, as many as they had in their previous 12 at the King Power Stadium (W3 D2 L7). They last won four in a row at home in May 2017 (a run of five).

Leicester have won their last four Premier League games, last winning five in a row in April 2017.

Newcastle have lost their last two Premier League games, failing to score each time. They last lost three in a row without finding the net back in January 2016.

Leicester’s Jamie Vardy has had a hand in four goals in his last five Premier League games vs Newcastle (three goals, one assist), including scoring in this exact fixture last term.

Leicester’s Youri Tielemans has either scored or assisted a goal in five of his last six Premier League appearances, scoring twice and assisting three.

Jamie Vardy has netted six goals in Leicester’s five Premier League games under Brendan Rodgers so far, accounting for 50% of the Foxes’ total under the new manager.

I remember our 3-0 home victory of a few seasons back for Newcastle being one of the worst sides I've ever seen. They really were dire. Not an ounce of desire or pride in them.

I'd like to see Soyuncu get the rest of the season but other than that team selection takes care of itself really

I remember our 3-0 home victory of a few seasons back for Newcastle being one of the worst sides I've ever seen. They really were dire. Not an ounce of desire or pride in them.

Yes, that was the game where they ended up with only nine players on the pitch.

We should murder these. 4-0 to the foxes.
Maddison, Barnes, Gray, Tielmans and Vardy to run riot.

Slabhead or Evans back in, other than that keep it as is and we will feckin smash them

Ulloa used to have a knack of always opening the scpring.

Part of the Great Escape too, and just after we’d lost against Chelsea which could have derailed it. But we came out with swagger and they were just pitiful. Not sure where in the table we were after that match but the confidence we had just made it clear we’d stay up.

This one is being played on Friday the 12th, 8.00pm kick off.

Is this really today? By the deluge of posts in this thread, I can only presume that people have lost interest.

Fans certainly don't choose Friday night football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757