Pre Match Leicester v Nottingham Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't win though can he really? Danny Ward is also responsible here!
He could win.

He could say “I had no intention to bring in a replacement for Kasper because I had every faith Ward would be capable. But he’s not, he’s shit, and it’s completely my mistake”

He could win.

He could say “I had no intention to bring in a replacement for Kasper because I had every faith Ward would be capable. But he’s not, he’s shit, and it’s completely my mistake”
Or, in other words, drop him.

Towards the end of last season, Rodgers made a very odd statement about having two number one keepers despite preferring Schmeichel for the previous 149 PL matches. He picked Ward for a one-off game which broke Schmeichel's run.

In the summer, Iversen asked to discuss his future with Rodgers on the back of many awards and plaudits from his season at Preston. Rodgers (apparently) said that he'd be allowed to leave the club if a decent offer was received or if Schmeichel stayed.

Ward spent all of preseason injured. Schmeichel spent almost all of preseason on holiday. Iversen played most games and didn't do great.

Then Schmeichel left. Ward was chucked straight into the team and Iversen was benched.

The incompetent way in which each of these three keepers have been treated over the last few months is a perfect illustration of why Rodgers cannot get a tune out of this group any more. If you wanted to maximise destabilising confidence, this is pretty much it.

Can't win though can he really? Danny Ward is also responsible here!
He’s on a hiding to nothing, Ward.

Replacing a club legend, missing much of preseason through injury, playing behind around 5 different central defensive pairings, for a manager who appears to have lost the plot completely

All that AND he’s a bit shit.

I’m sure I’ll get the “he’s been well paid to sit on his arse for a decade” stuff…But I actually feel for the bloke. Set up to fail.

He’s on a hiding to nothing, Ward.

Replacing a club legend, missing much of preseason through injury, playing behind around 5 different central defensive pairings, for a manager who appears to have lost the plot completely

All that AND he’s a bit shit.

I’m sure I’ll get the “he’s been well paid to sit on his arse for a decade” stuff…But I actually feel for the bloke. Set up to fail.
Danny Ward has been a bench warmer for years. The fact that he's been happy with that is now showing as in the moments where match fitness and good decision making through experience come through, he clearly hasn't got it.

Not good enough for us or any other prem club. Time to give Iversen a go, but not play out from the back. A mate of mine is a PNE fan - says Iversen is a superb keeper, but not good with his feet.

So would you all rather have said "our second keeper isn't good enough but we're stuck with him"?
Does that help Ward? Iversen? The defenders in front of the poor sap?

If we win I think we leapfrog them on GD. If we win 7-0 we could go third from bottom! Oh the excitement is unbearable.
To be honest, being in a relegation battle IS exciting. At least the matches have some meaning. Mid table mediocrity is pretty dull.

To be honest, being in a relegation battle IS exciting. At least the matches have some meaning. Mid table mediocrity is pretty dull.
A relegation battle is exciting when the team is even aware it is in one.

That would then hopefully result in some actual bollocks being shown and possibly some exciting football.

Our relegation 'battle' is not ****ing exciting.

Nothing about us is exciting

A relegation battle is exciting when the team is even aware it is in one.

That would then hopefully result in some actual bollocks being shown and possibly some exciting football.

Our relegation 'battle' is not ****ing exciting.

Nothing about us is exciting
Absolutely nothing. There's no excitementN no fight, no up and down, no desire, no aggression. It's like watching paint dry

Exciting football or boring football, I just want us to play effective football. Which we sure as hell don’t do under Rodgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757