Match Thread Leicester v Notts County

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every club makes bad signings. We've made as many as anyone and they've made as many as us. The fact is, we need to move players on before we can buy and that's as simple as it gets. Currently, we have players that we are finding it difficult to shift because, contractually, they're on a better deal here than they would be elsewhere. This happens everywhere but it isn't a problem for richer clubs who can mutually cancel contracts at a massive loss or subsidise salaries for loans; we aren't in a position to do that.

Our squad is perfectly capable of doing an excellent job next season. Yes, I worry that without Vardy, we will be left toothless up front again like we were last season and so I think we need to buy a forward but what we don't need are signings that won't improve our first eleven (or our backup striker options).
100% agree. We have two teams that can easily complete in the three competitions we are in this coming season.

Predominantly use our best 11 for the league and the second 11 for the other two competitions, smattered with some of the first 11 on a rotational basis.

The Vardy scenario really is difficult but I believe he should start all league games when fit and then we should manage his game time by substituting him at 60-70 minutes by which point his effectiveness has decreased significantly anyway.

We need Daka to step up this season and if we are playing Nacho we need more consistency. He could be a very good striker as I think he is a 'natural' finisher but sometimes his touch is appalling. He can trap a ball further than I can kick it.

If Brendan feels we need another striker then so be it. If he is saying Barnes isn't a striker and is in fact a winger then his 'final' ball needs to improve significantly, as he can get a touch of the 'Demaria Gray's'.

We have a very good first 11 and should only buy to improve this.

Forget needing a striker, we’re gonna start the season with Ayoze Perez on the right wing if we’re not careful.

I'm all for not panicking on the signings front, but (to my recollection) we almost never buy in January - so any potential weaknesses need to be resolved now.

To my mind that is firstly getting in a right winger. That signing could be transformative to our team and ultimate league position. With Barnes on the left and someone decent on the right, Vardy up front and Maddison in behind, that is a genuinely good attacking force that most of the league would be happy with.

However, as this position has been a weakness since Marhez left - I hold out almost no hope. Especially Since BR has started saying that when he said squad transformation previously, he didn't mean personnel but rather attitude (which is not at all what he meant at the time).

The thought of us going into a season with Nacho and Daka as our primary back up to a clearly aging Vardy is absolutely ****ing ludicrous

As is pinning our hopes on Perez or Albrighton on the right side of attack or, even worse, putting our most creative player over there and criminally wasting his talent (which is exactly what will happen)

The thought of us going into a season with Nacho and Daka as our primary back up to a clearly aging Vardy is absolutely ****ing ludicrous

As is pinning our hopes on Perez or Albrighton on the right side of attack or, even worse, putting our most creative player over there and criminally wasting his talent (which is exactly what will happen)

Our wage bill is through the roof.

We have far too many players that we can't move on. There are nine we cannot register already.

Our record at recruitment over the last couple of seasons is pretty horrific.

We have nobody leading our recruitment.

But you want us to splash a load more cash on some random names anyway?

I'm all for not panicking on the signings front, but (to my recollection) we almost never buy in January - so any potential weaknesses need to be resolved now.

To my mind that is firstly getting in a right winger. That signing could be transformative to our team and ultimate league position. With Barnes on the left and someone decent on the right, Vardy up front and Maddison in behind, that is a genuinely good attacking force that most of the league would be happy with.

However, as this position has been a weakness since Marhez left - I hold out almost no hope. Especially Since BR has started saying that when he said squad transformation previously, he didn't mean personnel but rather attitude (which is not at all what he meant at the time).
Wilf, Mahrez, Huth, Tielemans all January signings initially?

Depends how much time you're willing to give doesn't it? I think Daka has had some shit games, granted, but to think he's desolate and has forgotten how to score a goal in his first season at this level is not exactly fair is it?
Nacho needs a striker alongside him - we all know that, yet when he plays Brendan sticks him up front as a lone striker. Of course that won't work.

He needs to figure out how to be consistent.

There's enough goals in this team for a good season, provided we don't give away cheap headers from corners.

A point well proven by going back to *checks notes* 2014

I think we signed Lee Morris in January, from memory.

You know we don't have the same funds as the 'big six', right?
At some point you do actually have to stop spending money.
How much did the training ground cost again?

Until I’ve seen an improvement in set pieces, I’m calling it a complete waste of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757