Pre Match Leicester v Sheffield United (FA cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheffield United are a better side than Fleetwood and Peterborough so a stronger first eleven may be necessary.

Jakupovic
Amartey
Dragovic
Maguire
Fuchs
Albrighton
Ndidi
James
Mahrez
Vardy
Iheanacho.

That's pretty much one of our strongest selections and should be way too much for The Blades. I don't understand all the criticism of James. He was poor yesterday but then, they all were (in fact he was markedly better than Silva and no worse than Ndidi). Neither Iborra or Silva have impressed me this season so far (albeit Silva having only a few appearances from which to form an opinion) as they seem far too pedestrian and give the ball away cheaply too often. James has played well for most of his starts and should be above both of them in the pecking order based on form shown.

I really want to see Jakupovic given a chance to perform well again and then to carry that through to a premier League game.

Sheffield United are a better side than Fleetwood and Peterborough so a stronger first eleven may be necessary.

Jakupovic
Amartey
Dragovic
Maguire
Fuchs
Albrighton
Ndidi
James
Mahrez
Vardy
Iheanacho.

That's pretty much one of our strongest selections and should be way too much for The Blades. I don't understand all the criticism of James. He was poor yesterday but then, they all were (in fact he was markedly better than Silva and no worse than Ndidi). Neither Iborra or Silva have impressed me this season so far (albeit Silva having only a few appearances from which to form an opinion) as they seem far too pedestrian and give the ball away cheaply too often. James has played well for most of his starts and should be above both of them in the pecking order based on form shown.

I really want to see Jakupovic given a chance to perform well again and then to carry that through to a premier League game.
I’d go with that lineup, except I’d probably put Schmeichel in to regain some confidence after the disaster that was last night.

I’d go with that lineup, except I’d probably put Schmeichel in to regain some confidence after the disaster that was last night.
Yes - that's the difficult call Puel has to make. What you say makes perfect sense and would probably be a better idea as we don't want to have a keeper with that kind of stuff festering in the back of his mind.

I think Kasper's distribution is just getting on my nerves now. Maybe I'm being a tad over-reactionary; that's not like me at all. ;)

Schmeichel

Simpson
Dragovic
Maguire
Chilwell

Albrighton
Silva
Ndidi
Iborra
Gray

Iheanacho

Silva and Iborra have to start

Any ****wittery about resting anyone is going to go down like a ****ing lead turd with me.No midweek game so let the little darlings play a game. I was under the impression that's what they get paid for. Rotation has it's place but far too many managers seem to do it on auto pilot. Pochettino did it at Saints some years back despite them being in no danger of going down & having no chance of Europe in the league. They got turned over in a quarter final in a year they could well have won it or at least got to the final & their season was over in March. I have a mate who's a Saints fan & I've never heard any human being use the word '****' as many times in any one hour period. Most of their fans reacted the same way.

7th is a possibility for us but it doesn't guarantee Europe. Winning the Cup does. Plus we get to remind a worldwide audience that we're LCFC & we're still ****ing here. Plus it's a trophy! The one we need for the full house.

Come on Claude...wouldn't be a bad first season that would it?

Yes - that's the difficult call Puel has to make. What you say makes perfect sense and would probably be a better idea as we don't want to have a keeper with that kind of stuff festering in the back of his mind.

I think Kasper's distribution is just getting on my nerves now. Maybe I'm being a tad over-reactionary; that's not like me at all. ;)

Kasper's distribution has been woeful since always. I ask myself many questions:

a) Is he actually aware of it?
b) How can he NOT be?
c) Is it being addressed?
d) If so, why isn't it working?

&

e) (this is my main one) What the **** is Mike Stowell's job supposed to be?

It says Goalkeeping Coach here...the ****er has been here forever & yet our first choice keeper can't seem to get the ball to a team mate or even keep the bastard in play!

Has he been here so long, under so many regimes that nobody actually remembers what his job is?
Does he just turn up every day & mooch about & nobody thinks to ask who he is as he's just a familiar face & everyone assumes that somebody else must know?

The only thing that IS clear is that he isn't doing his ****ing job.

I would like to see Schmeichel, Armarty Dragovic Maguire Fuchs, Silva Iborra Ndidi Mahrez, Vardy Another.
Another would be geared to whatever tactics we use. I would prefer Iheanacho or Diabate for more attack, but Okazaki, Gray or Albrighton for more width, or? Up to CP but our season starts here.
I expect to be in the next FA cup round, without a replay and win our next 3 league games. Failure will be a big disappointment and an indication that our squad is not really up to the top of the premiership.
Seventh place will give us a platform to progress. To win the FA cup would be the icing on the cake.
I became a Leicester fan after seeing the cup final defeat against Man U on TV at a friends birthday party.
Where have all those years gone?

My former heros in no particular order
John Sjoberg
Keith Weller
Jackie Sinclair
David Gibson
Gary Lineker
Emile Heskey
Neil Lennon
John Farrington
Mike Stringfellow
Peter Rodrigues
Gordon Banks
Matt Elliot
Lenny Glover
Steve Walsh
Graham Cross
Dererk Dougan

My former heros in no particular order
John Sjoberg
Keith Weller
Jackie Sinclair
David Gibson
Gary Lineker
Emile Heskey
Neil Lennon
John Farrington
Mike Stringfellow
Peter Rodrigues
Gordon Banks
Matt Elliot
Lenny Glover
Steve Walsh
Graham Cross
Dererk Dougan
No Muzzy Izzet, Frank Worhington or Steve Lynex (to mention only three)?

Your constant criticism of James is like a broken record. Did he shit in your car?
I don’t have a car.

I just think he is nowhere near good enough for any Premier League team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757