Pre Match Leicester v Sheffield United (FA cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite his silliness against Man U I have high hopes of Daniel Amartey. His games this season have usually been at right back and being out of his comfort zone will have done him no harm Now I would like to see Simpson at right back for this game and Amartey at centre back. which I suspect is his best position.

I'd love to know what the thinking is with Amartey. I mean, he's been somewhat press ganged into that right back position through necessity. I think he first played there against Club Brugge and it seems he's been tagged for that position since. In fairness to him, he's adapted and is gaining in confidence (we'll forgive his rush of blood to the head, and subsequent sending off, as merely youthful enthusiasm) but we have been lead to believe that that isn't his favoured position (and is indeed picked at centre back for Ghana and was named in that position for the team of the competition in the last Afcon) He certainly doesn't look a natural full back. I think he's played centre midfield for us though hasn't he??

I like him, dunno why but I do, but I'm not sure what we plan to do with him long term. He seems somewhat square pegish.

I'd love to know what the thinking is with Amartey. I mean, he's been somewhat press ganged into that right back position through necessity. I think he first played there against Club Brugge and it seems he's been tagged for that position since. In fairness to him, he's adapted and is gaining in confidence (we'll forgive his rush of blood to the head, and subsequent sending off, as merely youthful enthusiasm) but we have been lead to believe that that isn't his favoured position (and is indeed picked at centre back for Ghana and was named in that position for the team of the competition in the last Afcon) He certainly doesn't look a natural full back. I think he's played centre midfield for us though hasn't he??

I like him, dunno why but I do, but I'm not sure what we plan to do with him long term. He seems somewhat square pegish.
He first played there against Norwich during the title winning season, when Simpson was suspended. Did ok then but was substituted for Ulloa who went on to create an earthquake.

Despite his silliness against Man U I have high hopes of Daniel Amartey. His games this season have usually been at right back and being out of his comfort zone will have done him no harm Now I would like to see Simpson at right back for this game and Amartey at centre back. which I suspect is his best position.
I would like to Simpson pass a ball 10m to his team mate rather than taking someone out in row z

Unless Puel picks his strongest team and the mind set is right to play a full 90+ minutes, I think Sheffield United have at least an even chance - providing that they are up for it. There are 14 weakish sides in the PL of which we are one.

Unless Puel picks his strongest team and the mind set is right to play a full 90+ minutes, I think Sheffield United have at least an even chance - providing that they are up for it. There are 14 weakish sides in the PL of which we are one.

Now that Mahrez, Schmeichel and Maguire have joined almost the entire squad in this forum's naughty corner, I'm hard pushed to name our strongest team other than it would have Vardy in it.

Of course SU have a chance. They're taking the field no?

We were rubbish at Man City. We'll get over it. The trend of late isn't the best but hopefully now with 'distractions' settled, we'll find form again.

Field our strongest team (and we do know what that is, give or take, even if we start from the basis of who doesn't start) and rediscover our path. We have actually got some pretty decent players, we've just gotten distracted and lost our way a bit.

That said, Kasper to the bench and Mahrez to captain. I think Schmeichel needs some healthy squad competition to focus him. Jakupovic is a decent keeper, I like what I've seen of him.

It's a while since I was this interested to hear team news. Come on Claude...don't let me down.There is absolutely ZERO need to be "resting" anyone. Wembley awaits & we're due a visit.

From the Guardian:

Are Leicester City genuine contenders?
Of the remaining teams in this season’s FA Cup, it could justifiably be argued that only one is in a position to give the competition their full and undivided attention. Whether it’s chasing other domestic or European titles (or several in the case of Manchester City), a Champions League or play-off place, or simply battling against relegation, no fewer than 15 of the 16 clubs have more pressing concerns , while Leicester City have no such distractions. Safely positioned in mid-table and just five points shy of the 40 that probably won’t even be required to guarantee safety, they may well secure theirs in consecutive league matches against Stoke, Bournemouth and West Brom. With that in mind, it’s difficult to escape the conclusion that it would be a gross dereliction of duty if Leicester did not go all-out to win the FA Cup for the first time, having lost the most recent of their four final appearances in 1969. They have rested key players in previous rounds, but with a home draw against Sheffield United and a quarter-final place up for grabs, Claude Puel ought to wheel out this heaviest artillery. With so many high end Premier League sides left in the competition, there would be no shame in not winning the competition, but as things stand it would be remiss of them not to give it their very best shot.

I don't like that attention is being drawn and hopes are being built. I'd rather stay under the radar.

Given how we've been playing these last few weeks, I'll just been damned please if we make it to the next round. Being beaten tonight is certainly not beyond the realms of possibility.

I don't like that attention is being drawn and hopes are being built. I'd rather stay under the radar.

Given how we've been playing these last few weeks, I'll just been damned please if we make it to the next round. Being beaten tonight is certainly not beyond the realms of possibility.
"Given how we'e been playing!!!"
Some people just look at results and jump to conclusions, without looking at the bigger picture.

Oh, I'm so sorry, we've haven't had a dip in form of late.

Some people leap to assumptions about what's being said and are all too keen to start slagging others off for a difference of opinion. Imo, we have not been playing as well recently (say, the last 3 games) as we were prior to that - and I'm not simply saying that because of the results. I think we've gotten the results we've deserved. I thought we were very poor indeed 2nd half against Man City. I haven't concluded anything on that basis of that. We could rediscover form tonight, and I obviously seriously hope we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757