Pre Match Leicester v Sheffield United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is mentioning Chelski they have Liverpool and Wolves, wouldn't be out of the question if they finished 5th.

I think it’s been specifically mentioned several times.

It’s also been mentioned that they’ll still finish above us, when we don’t even get a sniff of a single point from these next three games

I woke up today with a renewed sense of optimism...

We're going to sneak our way in.

Prospective teams for this game seem to all include Big Wes'. I don't know what Bennett has done which is so wrong. OK, he's not the next centre-back for England, but we aren't going to get that sort of player lining up to be a City reserve... yet. Wes Morgan is great to have around the squad and I wouldn't be too concerned to see him come on for a cameo in place of an injured defender. I do not, however, believe he has three games, in quick succession, in his legs anymore.

Prospective teams for this game seem to all include Big Wes'. I don't know what Bennett has done which is so wrong. OK, he's not the next centre-back for England, but we aren't going to get that sort of player lining up to be a City reserve... yet. Wes Morgan is great to have around the squad and I wouldn't be too concerned to see him come on for a cameo in place of an injured defender. I do not, however, believe he has three games, in quick succession, in his legs anymore.

I think I started the calls for Big Wes, but for me that wasn't to do with Bennett not being good enough; I don't think he's been awful the last couple of games in comparison to others.

For me it's more because we need Captain Morgan leading the team. Our players fell apart on Saturday, all gave up and went silent. I don't think that would have happened with Morgan on the pitch.

Evans is a great defender, but I don't think he offers that same leadership as Morgan or Huth did.

I agree that Wes' is the captain, in more than just name, but I'd still be worried to ask him to play twice within three days and, were he to pick up an injury, we'd effectively have no recognised defensive cover.

Schmeichel
Justin Morgan Evans Fuchs
Ndidi Tielemans
Perez Maddison Barnes
Vardy

Im not watching

I don't know what Bennett has done which is so wrong.

Not a lot imho. And that that he might have is forgivable under the circumstances. He's a CB in the traditional mould (or mold for our US readers) and, whilst he'll get skinned by a tricky young winger, he'll 'remind' said winger of his presence next time around. He's obviously not our first choice but then he's in now for exactly the reasons we signed him on loan - Justin Case. Not ideal but needs must. And he does alright in that context.

Between him and Wes, personally I'd give the nod to Bennett. Wes might be our club captain, and a born leader on the pitch, but he also lacks match practice.

I agree about Bennett. He has been no worse than anyone else. He's an old fashioned CB who clogs it clear when needed. I put Wes in simply because we need something different from somewhere and I just think he has some leadership about him. We are so desperately short of that at the moment.

One thing is for sure. I don't want to see Choudhury, Mendy or Praet start the game. I want us to have the bollocks to try and win the game not squeeze them for a point if we're lucky. If fit, Maddison and Perez must, must, must start. I'd also start with Barnes.

the only way we are getting Maddison, Perez, Barnes and Iheanacho in the same starting 11 is if Vardy is injured

I keep changing my mind but choosing today, I'd probably go for (assuming Chilwell and Maddison are fit):

Schmeichel
Justin
Evans
Morgan
Fuchs
Barnes
Maddison
Ndidi
Chilwell
Perez
Vardy

I just think we need to try something different and this is about as attacking as our lineup can be. I'd then be tempted to bring on Gray and Iheanacho if we needed to and take a risk on getting the points for a win instead of trying to defend a draw.

Of course, I am fully expecting us to be two goals down after fifteen minutes before he brings on Bennett and James for Perez and Barnes at half time.

I don't. Neither do you. That was kind of my point.
yes you do for a very simple reason, the formation would make zero sense, where exactly would they all be playing? Maddison wouldn't be part of a 2 man midfield which is pretty much the only way you could sort of make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757