Match Thread Leicester v Sheffield Wednesday. PSF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Amartey recovering from a second op towards the end of last season?

With Kasper and Ward playing Jakupovic will play in U23 games, Evans will be on international duty soon maybe he's joined up early? NDidi and Perez might be isolating due to restrictions as for the last 4 its clear they aren't wanted so who cares

No idea re Amartey, I've not seen anything to say he's injured again - can you share? You don't mention James but is he injured again? Surely the only reason for his exclusion unless BR has dropped him from the group in an attempt to move him on.

Jakupovic is a first team keeper so I'd be surprised if he's banished to playing with the U23s. Surely, the point of having him is that he's part of the group. Anyway, aren't U23 matches for U23 players?

I could see the sense in allowing Evans extra time off but that's clearly not happened as he has to play for NI next week. It would be odd to exclude him entirely from the squad until a couple of days before the season starts though.

It would be interesting if both Ndidi and Perez cannot join in with the rest of the squad at the moment because that would surely put their involvement against WBA in doubt. If they are not training, they are not going to be fit to start.

Given how short of players we are, I don't see the logic of just excluding players such as Ghezzal, Diabate, Silva and Slimani. They could well be needed given the number of absences we have and the lack of signings.

Lots of questions and no answers.

Based on the line ups in these two friendlies, and the fact that we've reverted back to a four at the back in them, it looks like we're heading for the following line up against WBA:

Schmeichel, Justin, Benkovic, Soyuncu, Thomas, Mendy, Tielemans, Praet, Gray, Vardy, Barnes.

Subs: Ward, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Choudhury, ?, ?, ?.

The '?' would be whether people like Morgan, Ndidi and Perez are fit and available or not. Otherwise, we have to bring people in from the cold or include youngsters.

And we have to hope that none of the above get injured in the remaining preparation or international matches.
Even if we sign new players, they may need to self-isolate before they can train with the team, let alone play.

Interesting times. Last season, I was looking at the odds on us finishing top four as I really fancied us. This season, I'm looking at other odds. The 40/1 on us being relegated looks very attractive. We're 11/5 to finish bottom half too and BR is 25/1 to be the first PL manager to go.

Based on the line ups in these two friendlies, and the fact that we've reverted back to a four at the back in them, it looks like we're heading for the following line up against WBA:

Schmeichel, Justin, Benkovic, Soyuncu, Thomas, Mendy, Tielemans, Praet, Gray, Vardy, Barnes.

Subs: Ward, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Choudhury, ?, ?, ?.

The '?' would be whether people like Morgan, Ndidi and Perez are fit and available or not. Otherwise, we have to bring people in from the cold or include youngsters.

And we have to hope that none of the above get injured in the remaining preparation or international matches.
Even if we sign new players, they may need to self-isolate before they can train with the team, let alone play.

Interesting times. Last season, I was looking at the odds on us finishing top four as I really fancied us. This season, I'm looking at other odds. The 40/1 on us being relegated looks very attractive. We're 11/5 to finish bottom half too and BR is 25/1 to be the first PL manager to go.
That potential back line is a bit frightening.

Some proper juicy bets in there.

First manager to go, he has to be at decent odds...who else would you pick?

Smith?
Moyes?

At a real stretch could see Ancelotti, Bruce, or Roy.

The three sides that came up?

Bielsa is a head case, so he could leave, but I doubt Leeds will push him. He's done a fantastic job.
Scott Parker is Fulham's Lampard. He'll be on a long lead.
Bilic has experience in the league. Can't see West Brom panicking there.

25/1 is well worth a flutter.

BN amarettos has to have another op towards the end of last season, it got reported by Percy I think, seen pucks of him back training on social media but I’d suspect he’s not ready yet for game time

BN amarettos has to have another op towards the end of last season, it got reported by Percy I think, seen pucks of him back training on social media but I’d suspect he’s not ready yet for game time
Dusty Bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758